MediaCom - AV Planning Director
Overview of job
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We’re looking for a natural leader who wants to make a difference! We need an experienced Investment leader who can run a large and fast-paced function of media channels, specialising in our recent business win - Lloyds Banking Group. This leader will have a strong AV planning skill set, enabling them to lead the client to and take full advantage in the changing AV landscape and viewing habits.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Business Unit Lead & Head of Investment
Responsibilities of the role:
You will lead a team of specialist cross media Investment experts at all levels whilst managing a sophisticated and complex client portfolio (Lloyds Banking Group) to deliver best in market client solutions and service. You will work in partnership with the Investment Lead responsible for trading on LBG.
You will be expected to operate with senior stake holders internally and externally with dual reporting lines to both the Business Unit Lead and the agencies Head of Investment.
People – You will be responsible for the growth and development of the Investment team within the LBG Business Unit. This will include but not be exclusive to:
- Upskilling and continuous technical training across media.
- Talent and performance mapping including KPI setting.
- Succession Management.
Clients - Lloyds Banking Group employ one of the most innovative and challenging account portfolios in the business with billings of £90m+ per annum. You will be expected to deliver market leading specialist solutions and innovation across traditional and digital media whilst engaging with senior clients within their organisation.
Commercial – In conjunction with the wider LBG Business Unit leadership team you will be expected to understand and develop client first commercial solutions and have a full understanding of MediaCom’s USP in the market from a product and services perspective.
Planning Excellence – working alongside the comms planners you will drive excellence across the teams implementational planning, ensuring you make the most of MediaCom’s planning tools. This will be across media, with a strong emphasis on AV/TV planning.
What you will need:
- Ability to handle very complex situations with a solution
- Create business opportunities
- Show gravitas in the role
- Can resolve conflict
- Effective delegation
- Strong negotiator
- Challenges the status quo
- Very strong business skills
- A confident presenter
- Have an understanding across all media
- Hold the room in any meeting
- A leader of a specialist team
- Handle large scale financial conversations both internally and externally
- Accountable and a decision maker in your specialist area
- Pitch ready
- Be passionate about Investment
- Be the most informed person in the room
- Highly personable with great interpersonal skills
- Prepared to go over and above the day job
- A need to ‘lead by example’
- One MediaCom mentality – the ability to understand overall business pressures and make concessions for the good of the business
- Sought out by wider agency as expert in their area for advice and solutions
- Resilience and calm in the face of adversity
- A mentor to the specialists within the team
- Be the thought-leader in your specialist area
- Highly connected the rest of the agency
- Influential with peers and senior management
- Work well with the trading heads
- Experience at a senior level both operationally and technically within all media channels
- The senior go-to person within Investment
- Advanced commercial acumen
- Proven experience leading large teams
- A strong and clear communicator
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.