Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Global Platform
GroupM's new technology platform unit, [m]PLATFORM, is looking for a senior machine learning to join our global team.
[m]PLATFORM is an advanced technology suite that unifies data analytics and digital services including search, social, mobile, digital ad operations and programmatic into one team delivering a completely open and fully transparent data and technology architecture. The platform will improve advertisers’ ability to use audience-defining insights from hundreds of data sources to find and communicate with their consumers across all media.
The products developed by [m]PLATFORM enables media planners at GroupM agencies to use the most detailed consumer data to achieve results for their clients. It is supported by a team of data scientists, data engineers, product specialists and digital practitioners.
The senior machine learning engineer works within the product & data science team, helping to implement new components of our product. The work is varied and project based and will require wide technical experience.
You will turn business problems into technical requirements and will lead the architecture of data and machine learning solutions alongside hands on software development. You will be responsible for delivering end to end solutions, incorporating analytical logic, data pipeline, machine learning algorithms and data visualization. Hands on data and machine learning development is a large component of this role and the senior machine learning engineer should be comfortable to design state of the art data architectures and deliver production-level codes.
The role will involve working closely with core data science, product, engineering and infrastructure teams. You will be comfortable working in an agile manner, be able to solve problems independently and have a solid understanding of automated data solutions, and cloud environments like Amazon AWS and Google Cloud. This role will be based in London, reporting into the Regional director of product and data science. However, as a member of our global team, you will work with teams across the globe and may need to travel overseas and meet your colleagues in other courtiers.
You will work on global projects in the creation of innovative software solutions that are based on data intelligence for [m]PLATFORM. You will collaborate with a group of fast-paced, extremely dedicated coworkers who are all passionate about digital media and technology. You will often find groups in casual brainstorming sessions sharing ideas and strategies for new initiatives. Work with a team that is constantly innovating. Everyone has a voice and we are open to new ways of thinking – your opinion is encouraged and valued. At [m]PLATFORM, we value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges in data science, data engineering or even products design as soon as you begin.
- Develop new processes and software to increase efficiency through application simplification, automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes
- Support the data science teams in [m]PLATFORM development efforts, and contributing production codes by implementing large scale machine learning solutions.
- Review code prior to deployment and upgrades
- Communicate and collaborate with data science and other technical teams around the company
- Maintain the health of systems and data by identifying and applying patches and firmware
- Contribute to the development of the data science framework.
- Identify problem areas and develop plans to overcome any issues to ensure that the project of it is achievable.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Use systems and internal processes efficiently and integrate these in daily work. Fulfill high IT literacy and technical and specialist requirements for further deployment of the framework.
- Be part of a lean yet highly effective agile organization. Demonstrate an ability to do more with less, with a history of identifying and exploiting opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Bachelor or Master degree (PhD is a plus) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, applied science etc, with +3 years of work experience.
- Professional experiences in R, Python, Java or Scala.
- Professional experiences in SQL.
- Proficient in software engineering concepts like version control systems, e.g. git, github, virtualization e.g. ducker or ducker hub.
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructures, like Google cloud and Amazon AWS.
- Deep understanding of statistics, mathematics, computer science or similar, or several years of research and application experience in Machine Learning, (deep learning is a plus).
- Excellent analytical skills and strong statistical knowledge, as well as interest in applying them to complex problems
- Experience working in startups, startup divisions, or newly launched technology organizations, a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxus, and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.