Reservation Account Manager
The newly formed Reservation team will be delivering best in market strategy across broadcaster content, Cinema, addressable TV, display video, TrueView, social video and audio. This will be underpinned by delivering excellence across agency and client investment objectives, working with the EMEA Accountability Director to ensure an optimal balance.
You will be building strong foundations with your day to day client contacts, ensuring we have a deep and very credible connection to deliver our activation plans with integrity. You will be a daily lead for the team, delivering responses to client briefs and overseeing granular delivery of our campaigns.
Ultimately you are a key support for the Reservation Account Director in your team, as well as managing junior team members on a daily basis. You will have a large amount of responsibility and bring true gravitas to the position – regularly contributing to meetings and having difficult media owner conversations when required. Throughout the business and externally, you are regarded as very reliable, highly trusted and very close to our day to day plans and campaigns. You will be working meticulously with your team striving to deliver joined up cross channel strategic thinking, intertwined with a diligent and flawless investment approach.
A solid investment knowledge is pivotal to this role, you will have experience working with your team to interweave a best in class efficiency driven approach with day to day strategic planning. You will have developed a strong understanding to get the very best out of our campaigns and agency deals. You will support your Reservation Account Director to deliver investment output for your team, helping to manage value positions and quality delivery, a good understanding of your clients PRFs and assisting with the audit process when required. Strong relationships with your day to day media owner contacts is essential.
You will be expected to continuously strive to develop your Reservation knowledge by keeping up to date with industry news (i.e. Campaign, Media Week), as well as attending industry events and networking where relevant across the wider group. Being very close to the day to day Reservation market, you will proactively share market updates and news from external parties on a regular basis, as well as working with your peers to deliver a regular bespoke source of updates internally-i.e. programme performance, as well as keeping the wider team informed on TV Revenue and Impacts. Our team has no template, we are pioneers and it’s up to you as a senior team member to push boundaries, constantly challenge your peers and engage the wider agency and our clients on this journey.
• Support your Reservation Account Director to lead the strategic direction of the newly formed Reservation Department and ensure that the story and approach connect all the way through activation
• Support & develop your direct reports with clear roles, stretching goals, and
engaging career paths. Establishing the right KPIs for your team across the different
disciplines within Reservation-mapping skillsets across the team appropriately.
• Demonstrate an inclusive leadership style, able to manage a situation and lead from the front with clear direction, whilst remaining approachable and listening to ideas from your team.
• Supporting the day to day investment process for your clients, ensuring a sharp and highly efficient approach and mentality to ensure optimal value and quality delivery, with an intermediate and developing understanding of PRF and audit requirements.
This role reports to a Reservation Account Director
Reservation practitioners (Assistants/Executives)
Strategic and Delivery Excellence
• Clear & knowledgeable media thinking that inspires innovative & effective work
• Key contributor to decision making across broadcaster content, Cinema, addressable TV, display video, TrueView, social video and audio
• Being an energetic, pioneering, and honest person who leads by example
• Have a good understanding and opinion of how Reservation, Platform & Social
• You are extremely hands on when it comes to planning, booking and delivering campaigns for your client set. You will own the buying output, having an authoritative opinion on both your plans and the wider media market. You will be working very closely with your Reservation Account Director to ensure every plan delivers maximum reach for lowest cost and highest quality in the most commercially beneficial way
• Granular knowledge of your value positions and quality is imperative, avoiding any surprises for clients at the post campaign or audit stage. You will manage your direct reports workloads, help them manage this daily and you will regularly catch up with them, pushing for solutions and raising issues to the EMEA Accountability Director or Head of Reservation where appropriate.
• You will be a key person within the team to deliver best in class audience planning, with a detailed working knowledge and ability to use appropriate tools, i.e. Touchpoints, YouGov
• Strong ability to work very efficiently and under pressure, knowing the fine line when it comes to potentially excessive output
• Ability to handle complex situations with an innovative solution
• Strong understanding of measurement for all channels
• Detailed understanding of data partners and how they integrate into addressable video activation
• Strong business skills and the ability to challenge the status quo
• Commercially minded with a good understanding of agency and GroupM deals and commercials, enabling you to delicately join the dots between investment, strategy and activation.
• You will support your Reservation Account Director when required to contribute to the client PRF and guarantees process. You will develop a good understanding of your current position vs contractual, developing a solid base to lead this process in the future
• Day to day responsibility for continued 100% accuracy of book numbers for your clients across the full year, with clear structured process and understanding of its critical importance
•Day to day delivery of value and quality requirements for your clients, enabling maximum efficiency to help us deliver an optimal agency position, delicately balanced across our varying portfolio requirements.
• Day to day finance and billing process responsibility for your clients, you will be hands on with this and sense checking your direct reports workstream, ensuring you and your team bills 100% of invoices on time and any queries are prioritised and dealt with urgently and effectively through continuous communication.
Relationship Management – Team, Clients and Wider Agency Group
• A solid grounding to manage external and internal relationships
• Strong foundation of leadership skills, developed through continued internal and external training
• Confident contributor to new business pitches as well as being an assured presenter
• Developed connections across the agency with an ability to work collaboratively with key
stakeholders across m/SIX and The & Partnership
• Show gravitas in the role and develop an experienced voice of expertise within the agency
• Effective delegation across your team
• Supporting the EMEA Accountability Director and your Reservation Account Director to help us maintain meticulous management of our GroupM relationship and processes through high visibility, very strong communication and respect regarding deadlines and workload
• Continued monitoring of your direct reports career progress with supervision from your Reservation Account Director, ensuring clear, measurable and detailed objectives are set and updated every 6 months with detailed feedback provided.
• Setting the example with a firm but fair approach to ways of working within the team- approach to lunches, smarter working, lateness and sickness, annual leave etc.
What Success Looks Like:
• Improved client satisfaction due to more joined up strategic thinking across all video disciplines
• Stronger implementation output across teams – supporting the team to identify missing capabilities, tools and learning opportunities
• Improved commerciality through helping the Reservation team to sell in, where appropriate,
proprietary tools and services
• Evidenced joined up implementation planning across disciplines delivering an increase in
• Upskilled knowledge and training for all generating increased satisfaction scores in annual
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.