GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, MindShare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
The Role Objective
The HR Advisor is responsible for partnering with the business to support line managers in motivating and engaging the workforce, treating people as individuals and ensuring fair access to opportunities. You will have a wide-ranging brief to maintain and develop effective working relationships across the organisation, creating a trust-based culture that drives long-term performance.
A key part of the role is being able to handle a fast moving, constantly changing environment with a smile! This role is central to maintaining a cohesive and positive working environment within the HR team, so being hands on and ready to help with whatever comes up is essential.
- As directed by the Head of HR, partner with managers across the business to manage day to day people issues;
- Help managers build confidence in effectively managing their teams and delivering ideas to reduce turnover;
- Manage the HR Coordinator with delivering for your business unit, looping in with the HR Manager on their performance and ensuring that you make any developmental suggestions as part of their growth within the role;
- Partner with managers on any ER issues, offering pragmatic solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Performance management – support and coach managers through effective appraisal reviews, and training on the system used;
- Talent Mapping, with direction from the Head of HR, ensure talent management action plans exist for GroupM high potential talent and that these are monitored on a quarterly basis;
- Work with the learning and development team to rollout L&D plans – and where appropriate deliver line manager training to drive business success;
- Use business insights to drive change in people management practices;
- Monitor changes to employment law and best practice and assess the Company’s policies and procedures in light of these, proposing necessary changes/improvements in a timely manner;
- Accountable for the update, management, version history and change control of all formal HR information and documentation e.g. policies and processes;
- Ensure the business is informed of any relevant changes to UK legislation and training is carried out where required and appropriate;
- Use HR data to drive proactive HR interventions when appropriate, and share in HR Reports quarterly to your business unit’s leadership team;
- Maintain a proficient working knowledge of monthly payroll inputting processes required to be completed by HR Coordinator and act as a point of cover in HR Coordinator’s absence;
- Work with the HR Coordinator to ensure that payroll is completed in a timely and accurate manner on a monthly basis, working with GroupM Payroll to successfully sign off on this monthly
- Contribution to the generation of ideas and assist the wider HR team and Head of HR in the delivery of HR projects and initiatives across the Company, including:
- Global Mobility
- Mental Health Allies Programme
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Quarterly Pulse Surveys
- Dynamic Working
Skills and Behaviours
- Have a proven track record as a pro-active and self-motivated HR professional seeking to implement the skills you have gained throughout your career to date.
- Be able to demonstrate sound influencing skills.
- Possess the ability to use good judgement when advising the business on appropriate actions.
- Demonstrable current generalist HR knowledge in employee relations, performance management, organisational change, reward and recognition and employee legislation.
- Ability to analyse information and present it in a concise and impactful manner.
- Ability to deal effectively with change and ambiguity.
- Confidence in building relationships with all levels of staff.
- A compelling communicator, persuasive and confident in your client management and presentation technique.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Driven to achieve results and takes accountability.
- Works collaboratively – recognises the value and responsibility of working in a team and seeks to maintain and build effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Deals constructively with frustration and pressure, maintaining a professional and positive manner.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.