Director - Global Accounts
Xaxis London Head Office
Role: Director – Global Accounts
Xaxis is The Outcome Media Company. We combine unique brand-safe media access, unrivalled programmatic expertise, and 360-degree data with proprietary artificial intelligence to help global brands achieve the outcomes they value from their digital media investments. Xaxis offers programmatic services in 47 markets, including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa. For more information, visit www.xaxis.com.
About the team
This role is part of the Global Client Development team. The team is based in London and NYC and consists of 5 senior business development professionals. The team is responsible for driving new business from within GroupM and growing business from our existing largest global clients. All team members balance the need for revenue growth with a consultative sales approach and a deep strategic understanding of the digital media market and programmatic ecosystem. Team members not only uncover and develop new client opportunities but also ensure Xaxis provides strategic programmatic guidance and leadership, oversees operational excellence and delivery of business outcomes for existing clients. As programmatic experts this team have in-depth knowledge across a breadth of topics and ensure that this knowledge is used in the best way to meet clients’ needs.
About the role
- Xaxis is looking for an experienced consultative salesperson to lead Xaxis global client relations with senior global client leaders at GroupM agencies and senior global clients themselves.
- The role is reporting into Henry Stokes – MD Global Accounts
- Essential to the role is an ability to discover a deep understanding of client needs
- The candidate must be self-motivated and able to identify and build relationships with key stakeholders and internal teams required to get the job done.
- This person will be a primary strategic client facing contact for a selection of the top global clients within GroupM
- The role will be focused on the CPG and retail sector clients. As such we are looking for a candidate with experience within these sectors, ideally having worked within or closely with CPG and retail clients.
- The role is very much revenue focused but also requires deep industry knowledge and long-term business development techniques
- The role not only requires senior relationship building within GroupM agencies, but also problem solving and the creation of strategic growth plans for new and existing clients.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Driving revenue growth of new and existing global clients within GroupM and Xaxis
- Maintaining account plans for new and existing global clients
- Developing strategic programmatic solutions for large global CPG and retail clients
- Identifying key agency and client stakeholders and developing relationships
- Uncovering real influencers and each client’s individual needs to ensure solutions gain traction
- Monitoring market investment levels, identifying under-investment issues and establishing clear resolution plans with the support of the agency global team
- Leading thought leadership on cutting edge digital and programmatic advertising for CPG and retail clients
- Bringing together internal Xaxis operational teams to help deliver on roll out to local markets of the strategy that has been agreed
- Owning value monitoring and value communication as part of QBR’s to global clients
- Working with markets & agencies to produce case studies to demonstrate the Xaxis strategic value to clients
- Ultimately becoming a trusted partner of agency global team and client so we can continue to collaborate, co create, do great work and grow revenue
- Effectively communicating new Xaxis solutions & concepts to agency and client teams and prioritizing follow up.
- Maintaining relationships with senior agency c level leadership and key clients
- Acting as the bridge between agency, Xaxis, [m]platform and external technology vendors when coordinating development opportunities
- Contribute to Xaxis marketing efforts with POV’s, public speaking and conference attendance
- Contribute to Xaxis product development efforts through bringing vertical market insights, real world client needs and test clients for pilots
- Minimum seven years experience in Digital Account Management / Leadership with some experience in the CPG & Retail space
- Experience in managing key clients and internal project teams
- Proven sales success with clients and/or agencies
- Digital sales background to include experience of senior/strategic level interaction with customers
- Articulate & strong communicator
- Public speaking & presentation skills
- Microsoft Office skills
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.