MediaCom Business Science – Graduate Marketing Analyst
Overview of job
Graduate Marketing Analysts are key members of the Business Science team, helping with quantitative analysis to understand and measure the effect of marketing on sales. They have significant responsibility across all aspects of client projects.
3 best things about the job:
- Using data to help inform marketing decisions that you can see in the real world
- Working with a great network of internal colleagues and external clients
- Continuous learning and development with the best in the industry
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Helped process data using a range of processes, namely through R and Excel
- Built/updated statistical models for key business metrics such as sales
In six months, you would have:
- Inputted into client presentations
- Learnt how to process and manage large data sets (using R)
In 12 months, you would have:
- Taken responsibility for data collection for key clients
- Presented sections of the analysis to key stakeholders
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working on projects using statistical analysis to measure the effect that marketing activity has on sales
- Significant responsibility working across all aspects of a given project
- Working closely with clients and various account groups within the agency
- Preparing results presentations
What you will need:
- Degree in Economics, Maths, Stats, Sciences or other numerical subject (2:1 or above)
- Knowledge of R or other programming language, via own learning or academic experience
- Academic experience of time series statistical modelling and/or other approaches to data analysis
- High numeracy with the ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
- Good knowledge of Excel, common statistical packages (Eviews, SPPS, R, etc) and PowerPoint
- Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
- Keen interest in media and marketing
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
About Business Science
Business Science is MediaCom’s specialist marketing analytics team. We provide actionable solutions and marketing accountability to support our clients with key business decisions and increase the effectiveness of their marketing investments.
Our services cover areas such as market mix modelling, budgeting setting / allocation and conjoint analysis.
MediaCom have the largest team of marketing analysts in a UK agency and as a result of our success we are looking to expand further.
For more information on MediaCom Business Science please visit: www.businessscienceuk.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.