Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last eighteen months to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike Sky, BT and Virgin with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. This is reflected in our campaigns which feature a real ‘TalkTalk family’ – showcasing ‘real people/ real lives’.
We help TalkTalk invest over £70m annually in media across all brand and performance channels. With an integrated team, rich in data and analytics and working closely within an embedded team together with our creative agency The&Partnership.
What is the role?
The Programmatic Manager will be responsible for the delivery all programmatic planning and campaign management, with the support of senior and junior members of the team working closely to create innovative solutions to answer client challenges. The role requires the ability to be forward thinking and deliver award-winning digital activity to help us improve performance and grow digital spend.
There’s a natural desire to scale programmatic campaigns to a level of sophistication that delivers on both reach, awareness and drive CPAs. They are familiar with and have experience of programmatic tools, campaign delivery and participate actively in programmatic discussions with clients and internal teams, whilst also having proven knowledge and experience in Programmatic planning and DSP implementation.
- Management of client-specific RTB activity
- Manage and co-ordinate team of direct reports to deliver multiple projects
- Management of programmatic implementation decisions on plan
- Recommendation of data and tech partners and contribute to the implementation strategy and activation tactics
- Support on media forecasting, planning, booking, and reconciling of digital campaigns
- Lead on trafficking & implementation of campaigns
- Lead campaign reporting, analytics & recommendations – CPA, CPM or CPC metrics, monitoring KPI targets against actuals
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with technology partners and seek first-to-market opportunities across the competitive landscape
- Support and develop the programmatic pillars of data, strategy, operations, planning and insights
- Ensure programmatic strategy is clear and most appropriate to the client's objectives and KPIs
- Support the deployment of programmatic investment, with focus on driving innovation and targeted audience activation across the agency
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key GroupM partners
- Improve the digital knowledge within the team by contributing to regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Work with clients on technology and tracking requirements (& identify where team support is required)
Who are you?
- You will be passionate about digital media and the developments that programmatic is having on the industry
- You will be experienced within Display, Online Video and Programmatic, including planning
- An analytical mind is vital with the ability to breakdown and explain insights back to the clients in a clear and insight manner
- You have confidence and the ability to craft engaging and entertaining presentations
- You will be a team player with a proactive attitude
- Embody the m/SIX behaviours of energetic, honesty & pioneering
Where is the role based?
As TalkTalk move their operations up to the North-West we are very excited to be moving alongside them. This role will be co-located in the client’s new headquarters Soapworks, a multifaceted destination hub on Greater Manchester’s Waterfront. Working in such proximity with the client will enable us to work in smarter, more nimble ways to deliver the most innovative data-driven work. We envision that this move to the north-west will just be the start for m/SIX making their mark on the Manchester market and we are therefore looking for someone who can also help us grow our northern footprint.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.