AV Account Executive
Mindshare UK, Central Saint Giles, London, WC2H 8AR
Audio Visual - Unilever
Click here to find out more about Mindshare & what makes us such a great company to work for
About the role, clientS & what we’re looking for:
This position is available in a close-knit team of 7 people (with team expansion predicted for 2021), working across Unilever’s wide portfolio of active brands. Unilever make and market some of the world’s best-known brands across 3 main categories; Beauty & Personal Care, Homecare and Food & Refreshments and are one of the UK’s highest spending advertisers. The business relationship between Mindshare and Unilever is long-standing, well established and requires delivery of the highest quality media buying results.
The Account Executive position focusses on supporting the Account Manager and Account Directors in the delivery of AV campaigns. Responsible for booking and monitoring AV campaigns, and dealing with media owners to extract the greatest value for our clients, the successful applicant will be dealing with highly media literate clients, who will expect the highest in professionalism and knowledge of the dynamic and fast moving AV market. We would expect the successful applicant to be able to multi-task while working under tight deadlines and still be able to find time to enjoy good business relationships with internal and external contacts.
It is vital that the candidate has strong attention to detail as they will be dealing with important client data and will require a high degree of numeracy whilst handling client budgets across TV, Video, Radio and Cinema. We would expect a candidate to have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; watertight administration; an ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with internal teams, clients and media owners. Full training will be provided on the job with opportunities to attend Microsoft Office and GroupM University training.
All applicants invited for interview can expect to sit through a short maths test prior to a verbal interview which should last no longer than one hour.
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of all AV media
- Manage day to day delivery of AV media and the associated administration – booking in TV schedules regular campaign optimisation, reporting, trafficking, tag delivery, live checks, analysing data and report on trends, media owner requests and issues, resolving straightforward campaign delivery issues or problems
- Learn and demonstrate a thorough understanding of all AV tools and systems – including Media Ocean, Caria, TechEdge
- Assist in all areas of day-to-day AV campaign management to meet clients’ business objectives and KPI’s - from initial brief, constructing a plan, negotiating and buying space, daily monitoring and optimising campaigns to post campaign performance analysis.
- Evaluate media options and demonstrate knowledge of the AV marketplace
- Actively seek opportunities to deliver our ambition to invent the future of media
- Contribute to and present implementational plans and campaign results both internally and externally, working closely with other disciplines within the agency
- Assist management of all billing/invoicing requirements for clients
- Actively participate in Mindshare events such as Huddle and Mindshare Day
- Ensure compliance with Mindshare / WPP anti-bribery guidelines
- Ensure all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment
- Understand your client’s business and build a good relationship with them
- Contribute to documents implemented in client review meetings
- Develop an understanding of short to medium terms business objectives
- Understand all buying guarantees that Mindshare are contracted to deliver on the Unilever account
- Ensure all billing is received in the correct format and at the correct time
- Ensure proper process is followed in relation to SOX compliance and plan approval/purchase order receipt before campaigns go live
- Establish an understanding of how AV fits into the overall marketing mix
- Develop collaborative relationships with the other departments within Mindshare such as Connections Planning to deliver an integrated service to clients
- Be fully aware of all Unilever deal parameters and their effect on planning/buying targets
- Work collaboratively with and support the Account Manager and Account Directors to ensure all team, department, and client objectives are met
- Managing and prioritising own workload
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level
- Develop relationships with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure an integrated approach (e.g. creative agency)
- Be an effective ambassador for Mindshare in all dealings
CRITERIA BY WHICH INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE IS MEASURED
- Achievement of specific objectives set in 360 review
- Proficient in tools and systems
- Understanding of AV media channels
- Team satisfaction and constructive feedback
- Demonstrate skills and behaviours as outlined above
- Quality of work
- Involvement in Mindshare initiatives
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.