Digital Planning Director
MediaCom is looking for a brilliant Digital Planning Director to join the Client Planning and Management team in our Manchester Office. As Digital Planning Director, you’ll be the lynchpin for digital strategy development and digital growth across our client portfolio, working in tandem with our client Business Directors and Channel Leads helping to deliver a digital first agenda for our clients.
You will be heavily involved in supporting our clients in developing comprehensive digital roadmaps to accelerate their business growth in line with the client development plans. You will work alongside our digital discipline leads to help clients understand the digital growth opportunity with clients at different stages of the development journey and also different levels of digital maturity, conversing with a range of talent from CEO’s of start ups on sharp growth journeys through to senior digital clients who are advanced in their understanding of the digital opportunities, linking into each, flexing your knowledge and communication skills to help us build even stronger digital relationships in support of their growth ambitions.
Working alongside our Channel Heads, your role will be to support the development of new products and services that help elevate our digital offering and represent the clients digital interests within our business. You will also work alongside the New Business Team in helping us identify, pitch for and win new digital business, and help accelerate our drive towards a truly digital first agency.
As an agency with a reputation for best in class client service and development, we are looking for an individual with powerful communication skills, exceptional digital product knowledge, a proven track record with digital client development and a strong and positive influence on those around them.
Best 3 things about the job:
- An opportunity to work for the UKs largest media agency working with the best people, thinking and clients in the UK in a culture where we put People First
- The chance to work with some of the best brands and businesses in the UK across all categories with an amazing client list.
- You will work as part of a fantastic team and in a business that nurtures talent with the goal of progressing everyone.
What you will need:
- Ability to develop and articulate integrated Digital marketing strategy and roadmaps across data, measurement, multiple media channels and websites
- Strong working knowledge of how to unlock the value of data for programmatic advertising
- High level of expertise in leveraging audience and data, growing reach, creative assets, automation, attribution and building collaborative client agency ways of working
- Excellent storyteller – able to architect digital narratives for clients to meet a range of different levels of expertise from CEOs with limited digital knowledge to highly experienced and technically minded Digital leaders
- Ability to produce complex business case-based proposals ranging from long term media planning to infrastructure investment
- Demonstrable evidence of manging medium – long term plans, applying governance and measuring benefits
- Confident linking business objectives, customer insight and media to map out relevant customer marketing funnels for any vertical
- Ability to challenge a client when asking for things that will either undermine plans or unknowingly impact their ability to meet their objectives
- Good understanding of the whole digital landscape from creating awareness through to growing lifetime value and the key factors of delivering successful performance in each
- Proven track record of creating growth through optimising holistic marketing budgets and ongoing performance across multiple digital marketing channels
- Fluent in all aspects of Website marketing and E-Commerce including website performance measurement and conversion rate optimisation
- Ability to work within the walled gardens of Facebook and Google – unlocking the unique benefits of each to meet client objectives
- Experienced in leading groups of 12+ in-channel experts across multiple groups and workstreams – not only collating activities but driving the agenda
- Comfortable identifying and deploying appropriate measurement frameworks for each of your clients
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.