Executive, Data Analyst
Paid Search Account Executive
Job title: Executive, Data Analyst
Location: Mindshare Worldwide, London
Reports to: Business Director, Measurement and Reporting
We are looking for someone to work in the Measurement and Reporting team within Mindshare Worldwide. Someone with a passion for, data, detail and measurement who wants to work with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
The measurement and reporting team currently comprises three Business Directors, one Director and one Executive. We are in the process of hiring an additional executive to support the team. We are part of the larger Data & Technology team, a group with expertise in data management, visualisation, software development and analytics.
Work with Mindshare client teams to gather requirements, design and implement central product and client specific data management and interactive reporting solutions
- Understand the process of acquiring, cleansing and transforming data into the various client marketing spend and performance data reports
- Develop API connections to digital platforms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter etc.
- Help clients to organise and align data across platforms, brands, categories and countries so that reporting can be scaled, and measures can be aggregated and compared.
- Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity
- Provide hands-on support for all data related activities within the Team
- Taking ownership of core, day to day, tasks across reporting requirements
- Ensure a high level of data governance across all data sources
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reporting
- Conduct data quality and validation across all media reporting platforms.
Experience & knowledge:
1.1. Essential Skills
- An analytical mindset, able to approach issues and challenges from a variety of angles
- Highly numerate, with strong mathematical acumen
- Able to communicate ideas well, both verbally and written. This would encompass presentation skills, but also the ability to explain complex statistical procedures or conclusions in a 1-to-1 setting
- Advanced Excel user
- Attention to detail
- Tenacious with a desire to dig until you find the answer
- Understanding of data analysis techniques and how they can be applied in the marketing context
- Experience in data interpretation
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work in an autonomous fast paced environment
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business environments
- The ability to achieve high quality results by paying attention to detail
- Ability to switch between projects and categories to support the teams
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
1.2. Desirable Skills
- Experience in working with a range of visualisation solutions such as Tableau, Microsoft BI, Google Data Studio
- SQL, SSMS experience.
- Use and able to navigate digital buying platforms, for example, Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Facebook Business Manager, DV360 etc.
Attitudes we want:
You should cover most or all of these elements, spiritually, if not in experience
You should be:
- Confident amongst clients, leaders within Mindshare and peers
- You need to be develop robust opinions and ideas and express them clearly and concisely
- Able to engage and forge relationships with a wide variety of different stakeholders within Mindshare to both collect knowledge, but also champion the measurement cause
- Able to work well as part of a team – you understand that one person can’t do or know everything and so you are willing to explore alternative routes, even if they are outside your comfort zone
- A confident presenter. We are often bringing clients and client teams on an unknown journey, so it’s important to be able to sell the vision in a compelling way
- Able to think critically and with curiosity about information sources - about why things might not be as they seem – and unwilling to just want to take things on trust. For instance, understanding that a social listening tool that says most of the conversations were on Twitter may be biased because Facebook is harder to scrape
- Cultural sensitivity about different world cultures and the ability to think globally
- Bring energy and passion to a very proactive and willing to help team
- Complete daily performance checks to ensure campaigns are running effectively, and within budget
- Learn to identify and proactively act upon budget optimisations requirements
- Learn how Paid Search campaigns are tracked and measured
- Understand what your client’s key performance indicators (KPI) are and how to monitor these
- Understand the role audiences play in Paid Search targeting and campaign optimization
- Become confident in how to set up Paid Search campaigns, including structure and formats
- Understand how Paid Search metrics interrelate and can influence each other
- Identify the optimization levers available to improve campaign performance to meet your client’s KPIs
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of both manual and 3rd party bid management
- Contribute to materials required for regular internal or client meetings
- Understand the approach to preparing a media plan in response to a client’s brief
- Deliver client reporting and analyze campaign results under the guidance of the Account Manager, with a view to developing actionable insights
- Familiarise yourself with, and apply, the Mindshare Outcomes Paid Search best practice in order to execute World Class campaigns
- Working with media owners such as Google & Microsoft to receive support with running Paid Media campaigns. Opportunities to run ads on other platforms may also arise.
- Establish an understanding of the mechanics of Paid Search
- Complete the necessary specialist qualification, e.g. Google Ads, Google Shopping, Google Analytics and all relevant search qualification
- Become confident in navigating the platforms required to manage Paid Media campaigns
- Ensure exceptional finance management by accurately completing the Mindshare finance process for your clients, including booking and reconciling activity within deadline and address finance queries
- Inquisitive and proactive approach to learning and development
- Exceptional execution and application of Best Practice
- Meeting and exceeding clients’ performance targets
- Certification in Google Ads and Microsoft qualification
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via [email protected].