Precision Manager - Social
Job Title: Precision Manager – Social
We are looking for a Social enthusiast to take ownership of MINI’s spend on social channels on both DR and Brand campaigns. These channels include Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. An ideal candidate would have experience on a number of these platforms, but not all of them.
The focus for the Social Manager will be taking responsibility for overall planning, activation and reporting on all MINI Social activations, working closely with the account director as well as their Precision Lead. For this person to be successful in the role, they will need to work very close with our local market managers, to ensure they deliver best-in-class and integrated activations – with data at the heart!
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work across a broad range of programmatic and direct campaigns – focusing on the development of market leading social strategies, across multiple markets, B2B and youth audiences. These campaigns will cover breadth of disciplines including major launches, always on performance and tactical app install campaigns.
‘BMW MINI’ is a prestige account at WM that delivers best in class marketing across Brand & Performance campaigns. MINI have been at the forefront of technological advances in the automotive industry, especially around Electric vehicles. This is set to continue in the coming years and are always looking to deliver innovative and effective campaigns across all channels that reflect our clients’ ambition.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day client management, leading the response to briefs, planning, activation, and reporting for the UK, US, FR, BE, NL and ROW markets. It is important that this person is comfortable to lead in client meetings and can build solid relationships with the clients as well as the team and Wavemaker colleagues.
As the industry leaders in our space, you will gain exposure to large-scale data partnerships and market-leading measurement opportunities.
The Social Manager will report directly into a Director. This person will help set clear objectives, and train the individual to help them achieve these, as well as develop their skill set.
This Social Manager will also work closely with the accounts Precision Lead to build out the precision audit on an annual basis.
What are some attributes that would be suited for this role?
- Keen interest in programmatic and data planning
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- A desire to learn
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Lead the client in their understanding of optimal Social planning principles and methods.
- Help to collectively develop an integrated media planning solution - working with wider comms planning and activation teams at Wavemaker
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the media and technology developments that influence our clients business.
- Understand and proactively manage short, medium and long term business objectives.
- Deliver excellence in client service – including:
- Quality control over all work produced, including that of indirect reports.
- Set up and attendance for all status meetings, reviews and general client meetings.
- Ensure all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively.
- Respond to all client briefs and requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Use Wavemaker tools to drive forward new channel suggestions and performance orientated recommendations.
- Demonstrate an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings.
- Help to further client understanding of Social media planning and implementation
- Responsible for the effective management of finance processes including:
- Ensuring all bookings are added on the system correctly, and on time.
- Reconciliations are completed on time.
- SOX compliance.
- Swift resolution of queries.
- Work closely with the Account director to manage local market relationships
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work within the social team, ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Promote the Wavemaker planning products and participate in internal training, projects and new business.
- Understand the function and value of the other departments within Wavemaker and its partners.
- Develop productive relationships with key internal departments and help develop new revenue opportunities through matching client needs to resource and facilitate introductions.
- Responsible for keeping Account Director up to date with client issues, opportunities and team developments.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other Wavemaker teams.
- Promote Wavemaker and its ambitions to external stakeholders (clients, key partners).
- Drive education and use of Wavemaker tools and services.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners and other service providers at an appropriate level.
- Develop relationship with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure integrated approach – e.g. Engine (Creative)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive testing roadmap in the Social space – audience, media, creative
- High level of numeracy.
- Good understanding of:
- Best in class planning principles and methods
- Analytical methods and tools
- Media research tools and techniques
- Social Platform Knowledge
- Workflow management and prioritisation.
- People management.
- Sound financial awareness, including processes and budget control.
We are an equal opportunities employer
All GroupM agencies are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender identity, disability, culture/religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.