Job Spec – Designer
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is a progressive, entrepreneurial media agency that offers a full suite of media planning, buying, digital and data services for clients. Our purpose is to grow brands in the modern media landscape.
We were created as a joint-venture between majority owner The&Partnership and the world’s largest advertising services company WPP. This means we can access GroupM’s outstanding global talent pool, trading might and the world’s largest media data lake. But we are also part of The&Partnership, a set of agencies founded on collaboration and a philosophy to work seamlessly with both clients and creative agency partners. This gives m/SIX the ‘best of both worlds’. We have the entrepreneurial spirit and agility of an independent agency fused with the scale, resource and capabilities of the world’s leading media network.
Over the last 18 months m/SIX has gone through a huge ‘scale up’, doubling in size in terms of people and billings, meaning we are currently the UK’s fastest growing media agency. As such we are naturally less hierarchical than many other agency environments. We often embed teams into our clients’ operations to allow data flow to inform wider marketing decision-making, and infuse their culture with our own.
Our ambition is to be the most important place in our people’s careers and to help do this the agency commits to the following 3 behaviours: Pioneering, Honest and Energetic and what this means for our people:
- Being part of the most innovative agency team in the industry
- Regularly receiving direct, clear feedback
- Encouraged to contribute their individual energy to all projects
We pride ourselves on an open culture where everyone is encouraged to make their ideas happen. We have regular all company meetings, and like nothing more than getting everyone together for some fun.
What is the role?
We are looking for a designer who will play a significant role in the drive to win new business to the agency. You will be contributing to our overall design strategy, helping us to visually communicate our message at every stage of the pitch process. This will involve designing PowerPoint presentations, as well as books, vinyls, collateral and any other materials that require visual presentation or printing.
As well as new business work you will be involved in a variety of other design projects across the agency, including client presentations, internal event collateral and employee resource documents.
Although some printed materials require designing in InDesign, the vast majority of the work will be in PowerPoint, so advanced skills in PowerPoint are essential.
Key role responsibilities:
- Create and design high quality, communication materials, ensuring consistency and quality, taking things from design to finished artwork
- Participate in project ideation and conceptual development for creative and design direction
- Develop an understanding of the client we are communicating with, focusing on their brand and objectives of the task to work out how we can visually articulate our ideas and story
- Undertake hands-on digital design as well as asset resizing, cropping, retouching, colour correcting and optimization of images for the web for our day-to-day digital business needs
- Design all collateral for new business pitches
- Design promotional print material such as invites, print ads, look-books, magazines layouts, style guides, and external and internal presentations
- Liaise with external suppliers and manage print and delivery requirements
- Consult on projects, products and initiatives for marketing and the wider business
- Become a brand guardian by reviewing designs and brand guidelines to ensure that we are communicating m/SIX correctly
- Help ensure consistent implementation of our brand and style guidelines are maintained across the agency
What experience & skills does the role require?
- Pro-active, self-starter and detail oriented
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever is needed to get the job done
- A keen interest in what’s happening in the world of design, web design, print, and photography
- Highly efficient management and delivery of duties, team player
- Ability to show initiative and ideas to constantly improve the design quality of our work
- Demonstrable ability to juggle multiple projects calmly and responsive to changing priorities
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- AfterEffects and video editing skills are a bonus
- Positivity, stamina, a sense of humour
Where is the role based?
In the heart of buzzy Fitzrovia surrounded by a variety of shops, bars & restaurants
How will success of the role be measured?
- Timely delivery of tasks
- To visually communicate written communication to the highest standard across all design output
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.