Paid Social Account Director
Paid Social Account Director
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the world’s fastest-growing media planning & buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market-leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at EA, News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has one key ambition: to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
We are Energetic, Pioneering and Honest. These are specific to us, and reflect the culture of the agency and significantly the behaviours we seek out day to day within the business. We want to encourage individual Energy to all projects, to be Pioneering within our industry, and regularly receive Honest, and clear feedback.
What is the role?
The Paid Social Account Director is responsible for all Paid Social planning and activation across the client portfolio ensuring the brilliant basics are defined and implemented on the accounts. The Paid Social Account Director is responsible to run and manage the team efficiently and operate as the most senior point of contact for clients along with the Paid Social Business Director.
You'll need to be an excellent communicator and influencer, being able to develop strong and lasting relationships with key senior clients - earning their trust and respect whilst also influencing positive change to improve current ways of working and thinking.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for a senior, performance and process driven practitioner with solid and extensive expertise across all Social platforms preferably obtained on a Retail client. Previous experience running Global clients and understanding the Social Ops across other Markets would be highly valued.
- Manage all client Social (E com & Brand) briefs ensuring appropriate budgets are secured and clear and achievable KPIs are agreed
- Ensure Paid Social insights and learnings are applied to all channel responses to client briefs
- Define best in class channel approaches, with the right use of data to inform Social optimisation strategies and improve account performance in line with Business Objectives
- Develop Innovation and testing roadmaps with clear timings and expected outcomes
- Ensure Best-in-class Social product execution with a particular focus on Shopping aiming for:
- Accurate analysis of the Social E com campaigns and their delivery
- Planning and forecasting
- Test & Learn implementation
- Accurate results & actionable insights
- Ensure full adoption of the different tools and PMDs i.e. management, tracking, optimisation, analytics whilst understanding the different strengths & limitations of each
- Own client communication showcasing high degree of proactivity and outside of the box
- Work with the internal client team to shape & inform the Paid Social strategy
- Work closely with key Media Partners i.e. Facebook, TW, Snap etc on product developments and account growth opportunities
- Ensure collaboration and integration across strategic, comms planning and implementation teams
- Create Paid Social benchmarks across all Paid Social platforms for Brand and E com campaigns to help inform measurement
- Responsibility for the development of the team, with clear split of roles & responsibilities by level
- Career progression objectives for the team members communicating a clear vision
- Ensure training for team based on their level and identify their strengths & weaknesses for their further career development
- Assist the Business Director with new business submissions when required
- Build relationships with key senior media and technology partners to ensure technology is at the forefront of what we are doing
- Work closely with the client teams @ MSIX & and the other digital teams to deliver integrated campaigns
- Build relationships with the relevant internal stakeholders through honest communication and transparency
- Ensure Financial accuracy through the planning & buying process
The role reports to the Paid Social Business Director
1 Account Manager + 1 Senior Account Executive
Core Competencies and skills required
- You are pro-active and driven to deliver best in class planning and output for your clients
- You have strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- You are approachable and friendly
- Someone who knows how to delegate and empower people
- You have worked in a fast-paced digital environment and can demonstrate examples of where you have brought about business change internally or for clients/brands
- You are a strong leader
- You are someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty in order to get the job done
- You are a confident self-starter
- You are passionate about managing and developing a team
How will success in this role be measured?
- An increase in key performance KPIs and insight generation
- A tangible difference in the team and client’s operating efficiency
- A more efficient output of work, to excellent quality and on a timely basis
- A positive impact seen across the business with verified feedback from senior clients and internal stakeholders
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.