Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
About the team
The Mediacom Marketing & Business Development team is integral to the growth of MediaCom North. As such, it is fast paced, challenging and offers the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom.
The Marketing & Business Development Team lead the business growth deliverables including prospecting, pitching, events, PR, awards, thought leadership, branding and content with the objective of strengthening the agency and maximising business growth opportunities.
The Designer is responsible for producing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output for this marketing and new business function. You will ensure work with internal and sometimes external clients ensuring the design and creative deliverables are aligned to expectations, brand guideline and within budget and timescales. It includes developing visual designs, creating assets and caretaking the brand articulation. At times you will be responsible for recruiting and managing multi-disciplinary third party suppliers as well as sometimes other internal design resources. It will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve efficiency of the design & creative.
Objectives of the Role:
- To provide design excellence to the Marketing and Business Development team within MediaCom North, with the aim to be the best in the industry
- To deliver the highest standard of work for pitch decks, design collateral and support tools
- To lead the creative thinking on best practice design
- To create an evolving suite of promotional assets for the north group
- Work with Marketing and Business Development team to generate ideas for creative execution of pitching and proposals
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs for business development pitches, proposal and all marketing collateral.
- Ensuring that design and creative projects are delivered on time and to budget ensuring commercial success
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Establishing and developing best practice with the design function
- Working with other team members to deliver projects and activity to deliver against deadlines
- Communicating with our stakeholders, positioning of design and creative capability
- Point of contact for liaising with external suppliers, such as printers.
- The role requires close integration with Group Partner Business Development, Group Partner Marketing a& MBA, Group Marketing Manager and the wider team and senior management.
- Management of freelancers from time to time.
- Close collaboration and team work with the MediaCom North group senior leadership to ensure all offices are supported.
- All external supplier contact ,local and UK
- 3 years plus graphic design experience, preferably in an agency of B2B environment
- An excellent knowledge of all Microsoft packages, possess exceptional PowerPoint skills, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML & InDesign, Video, Motion Graphics etc
- Design Qualification (Graphic Design,Digital)
- Proven track record of Client, Marketing and Business Development design
- Previous experience within a communications agency in both design & co-ordination
- Excellent organisational & directional skills
- Able to work on own initiative and be able to multi-task.
- A flexible approach, be committed, enthusiastic, hardworking and reliable.
- Able to be flexible in working hours
- Excellent attention to detail
- Maintain clear communication with line manager and wider team to ensure all projects run as smoothly as possible.
- Comfortable & confident talking to people at all levels in the company
- Previous experience with industry tools & databases
- Positive motivator
- Work to understand the agency culture and help bring it to life.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.