Client Director, Measurement & Reporting
Client Director, Measurement & Reporting
Job title: Client Director, Measurement & Reporting
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Client: Various Global Clients
Reports to: Business Director, WW Measurement & Reporting
Mindshare Worldwide is the largest media agency within WPP (itself the largest marketing and advertising holding company in the world), with over 6,000 employees across 82 countries managing global media budgets of almost $30Bn for clients including Unilever, Nike, Pepsi, LG, Rolex, IBM, Ford and many others.
We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking - and usually finding - the perfect connection between their products and potential customers. As our name suggests, we help them gain a greater share of consumers' minds.
We have spent the last 18 months developing our global product / service offering within the marketing data space (to date having built numerous global data management / reporting solutions for clients such as Unilever, American Express and Rolex) and now hold a unique position to differentiate from competitors based on our existing client relationships, depth of data held on behalf of clients and our established position as a trusted partner for the provision of marketing results analysis and insights. As such, we are undertaking a significant further investment in expanding our Data Management, Business Intelligence & Visualisation teams and core technology platforms.
We are looking for someone to lead the implementation of our reporting solutions across Global and Local clients and wants to work brands such as Dyson, Campari, Ford, LVMH, Volvo, Booking.com, amongst others. We are looking for someone who can learn quick, with a can-do attitude, is a natural problem solver, with experience in global operations and understands the media landscape.
The role is a blend of consultancy and operations, and requires good logical thinking, solid understanding of managing internal and external teams, who has good experience to manage teams. Technical experience is not a must, but the candidate must be interested to learn about technical systems.
The mission statement for the team is to put quality data, in a timely fashion, into the hands of people who can take informed action
Work with clients and internal teams, both in London and in offices around the world, to elevate quality and efficiency of global clients’ media reporting through automated solutions
- Responsible to gather understanding of measurement requirements and develop bespoke solutions to accommodate clients’ and agencies needs
- Responsible to approve any changes on reporting tools set up and master data standards ensuring data governance
- Coach account managers, account execs and support teams to increase knowledge of media planning and reporting best practice
Direct teams to ensure successful tools and processes implementation, from set up to testing and roll out
- Work with Mindshare’s Data and BI teams to gather requirements, design and implement central product and client specific data management and interactive reporting solutions
- Co-develop with account teams planning and reporting processes that integrate automated solutions ensuring planning best practice
- Oversee roll out of product updates across the agency network
- Coach Account Managers and Account Execs in case of data deviances, providing solutions for short- and long-term troubleshooting
Operations & coordination
Manage operations for reporting solutions development and implementation, including:
- Manage the roll out of Mindshare reporting tools, proactively identifying updates, based on client measurement evolution, systems upgrade to increase work efficiency and elevate data quality and striving for best in class network management
- Manage the relationship of clients and client teams, leading client status and ensuring the team actions are followed through upon completion
- Project manage the development, implementation, maintenance of reporting solutions and system updates
- Manage communications across internal teams, maintaining internal and external stakeholders informed at all times
- Coach Account Manager and Account Executive to ensure seamlessly delivery of reports and data governance
- Manage Account Manager and Account Executive Data Analyst time on key projects providing guidance when challenges arise
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience on managing other people
- Understanding about media planning & buying including knowledge of metrics by channel
- Experience on project management and operations with impeccable organisation skills is key
- An analytical mindset, able to approach issues and challenges from a variety of angles
- Advanced Excel user
- Tenacious with a desire to dig until you find the answer
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work in an autonomous fast paced environment
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business environments and adjust your communication accordingly
- Great written communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence groups of people to gain consensus
- Experience using digital buying platforms, for example, Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Facebook Business Manager, DV360 etc.
- Experience in working with a range of visualisation solutions such as Tableau, Microsoft BI, Google Data Studio
Key performance indicators
You should cover most or all of these elements, spiritually, if not in experience
You should be:
- Able to engage and forge relationships quickly with clients and local markets
- You need to be able to develop your own opinions and ideas and express them clearly and concisely
- Be able to challenge the process to ensure an ever-evolving operations solution striving for efficiency
- Able to work well as part of a team – you understand that one person can’t do or know everything and so you are willing to explore alternative routes, even if they are outside your comfort zone
- A confident presenter. We are often bringing clients and client teams on an unknown journey, so it’s important to be able to sell the vision in a compelling way
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via [email protected].