FAST Strategy Manager, Dyson
Job title: FAST Manager
Group: Mindshare WW
Reports to: FAST Lead
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Dyson is one of Britain’s biggest entrepreneurial / innovation success stories of recent times with annual sales in excess of £3billion. They have huge ambitions to increase their global presence and share, notably in fast growth markets. Historically Dyson was famous for vacuum cleaners but have expanded their product portfolio into environmental control (heating and cooling) and personal care with plans to launch several exciting new products including their digital vehicle in 2020. All products are premium – combining best performance with innovative design - and are the best in every segment in which they operate.
Mindshare has been working with Dyson on a global basis since 2013, with responsibility for nearly for 40 markets. In 2018 we have renewed our global remit with Dyson for a further 3 years with a commitment to expand our remit and teams to deliver Dyson’s business goals. Dyson is a top 15 global client, and constantly growing. Our role and responsibilities include investment strategy and value management, strategic planning, network management, media planning & buying and reporting and information. We are committed to creating a best in class digital performance function for Dyson to help them achieve ambitious direct sales targets. In service of this we have centralized Dyson’s performance digital planning and execution into three regional hubs based in London, New York and Singapore.
Dyson remains a very entrepreneurial company run on a daily basis by the founder. As such most responsibilities are handled internally (including creative and PR) – Mindshare work with Hogarth (production) and Kantar Millward Brown (research) as the WPP partners used by the business.
The FAST manager will be tasked with developing and delivering the client management offer and digital services. This role comprises of network leadership and central campaign development.
- Cultivating the day to day client relationship, through in-person meetings, presentations, and frequent contact.
- Establish strong relationships with key local market Mindshare teams around the world in order to identify common opportunities and/or challenges and aid them rollout global initiative and best practices.
- Deliver media recommendations and proposals that are consistently backed up with sound insights, research and historical data.
- Support Fast Director & Fast Lead in producing global digital guidelines and toolkits
- Ensure that the planning and execution process of global campaigns runs smoothly from start to finish, liaising closely with the required activation specialists.
- Work with multiple agencies (e.g. creative) and take a leadership role on media.
- Manage and coach junior members of the team in all aspects of digital media planning and buying and help direct reports with career development planning.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Expertise with digital media planning across diverse campaigns, strong quantitative skills required.
- Ability to manage many projects and individual clients at once to meet deadlines, including delegating and managing the outputs of direct reports/other Mindshare teams/third parties within projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities within the international media owner landscape and always be on the lookout for innovative solutions and technologies to reach the target audience.
- Effectively communicate information and decisions with the full range of stakeholders involved in a project.
- Demonstrating the ability and skill to offer solutions to overcome potential obstacles and challenges.
- Present confidently to a range of clients and internal stake holders.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.