Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last eighteen months to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike competitors with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. This is reflected in our campaigns which feature a real ‘TalkTalk family’ – showcasing ‘real people/ real lives’.
We help TalkTalk invest over £70m annually in media across all brand and performance channels. With an integrated team, rich in data and analytics and working closely within an embedded team together with our creative agency The&Partnership.
What is the role?
We are looking for an energetic, experienced PPC manager to be accountable for the day-to-day management of one of the agency’s flagship accounts. You will be responsible for actioning the client's paid search marketing initiatives, managing the junior members of the team, and focusing increasingly on strategy development for Talk Talk.
- Bid recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting and overall goal achievement
- Develop positive relationships with search community, vendors and Directors for optimal service levels and results
- Understand the client’s product, marketing objectives and digital goals with an emphasis on paid search, presenting to clients on regular basis
- This is a management role, so you'll perform as a leader with minimal supervision
- Monitor, track and evaluate campaign performance analytics, based on client KPI targets and baselines. Work towards Google Analytics certification.
- Stay on top of the latest updates regarding tools and User Interfaces (AdWords, Bing, Bid Management Platforms, eMarketer, SEMrush, Search Engine Land, AdCenter, AdGooroo, etc.)
- Think creatively, do research, and develop tools and innovative tactics to improve efficiencies or advance the practice. Present practical ideas for future marketing expansion or optimization.
- Actively contribute to corporate initiatives, automation projects, process changes and roll-outs.
- Build, or assist in crafting, POVs, standard methodologies, and key process documentation
- Campaign Strategy definition and implementation, working closely with other internal departments to develop fully integrated search campaigns
- Stay current on industry trends, focusing on how changes can help improve offerings to accounts and enhance our overall practice.
Who are you?
- You will be experienced at paid search campaign management experience
- You'll have gained essential experience in Analytical Tools (Google Analytics, Web trends, Omniture), Search Engine Desktop Tools (Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor).
- You'll be an emerging expert in Pay-Per-Click (PPC) optimization techniques (ROI / CPA / CPL / Impression Share)
- Bid Management tools (DoubleClick Search, Kenshoo, Marin, etc. Marin & Searchlight) as well as 3rd Party Tracking Tools (DoubleClick, Floodlight, Sizmek, etc.)
- Experience meeting with and delighting clients is essential
- Working knowledge of Paid Social a plus
- Ambition to manage and mentor junior members of a team; prior experience as a manager a plus
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- You will be a team player with a proactive attitude
- Embody the m/SIX behaviours of energetic, honesty & pioneering
Where is the role based?
As TalkTalk move their operations up to the North-West we are very excited to be moving alongside them. This role will be co-located in the client’s new headquarters Soapworks, a multifaceted destination hub on Greater Manchester’s Waterfront. Working in such proximity with the client will enable us to work in smarter, more nimble ways to deliver the most innovative data-driven work. We envision that this move to the north-west will just be the start for m/SIX making their mark on the Manchester market and we are therefore looking for someone who can also help us grow our northern footprint.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.