MediaCom – Senior Planner Sky Mobile
Overview of job
We are looking for an ambitious and driven Senior Planner to join the Sky Communications Planning team at Mediacom. This role will sit within the team that looks after Sky Mobile, planning and delivering innovative and successful campaigns across all channels with one of the biggest advertising budgets in the UK.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Planning Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- A massive advertising budget and the expectation to do innovative, award winning work. Creativity, new ideas and new ways of thinking are expected. We have a great collaborative relationship with the Sky client team and work together to produce outstanding work.
- Opportunities to work on varied projects. One minute you might be supporting the team in planning a big brand campaign to support the latest iPhone launch, whilst the next you might be managing trading plans to maximise cost efficient acquisitions for Sky Mobile.
- You will be working in the biggest team within the agency which provides a very sociable and collaborative culture, and provides constant learning opportunities. The Sky Mobile team is full of bright and passionate team members and has a great culture.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Mastered the basics of the Sky account, the category and the ways of working between all Mediacom teams/departments
- Developed relationships with key client contacts and internal teams
- Demonstrated management and delegation skills
In six months, you would have:
- Developed a great relationship with your key stakeholders. Clients and internal teams will see you as someone who they trust and can collaborate with
- Cemented yourself as someone that knows all there is to know about the mobile category, being able to educate and update internal and external stakeholders
- Took the lead to ensure the smooth delivery of execution and ensured that campaign performance is reported in a useful and actionable manner
- Shown interest and initiative in broadening your planning knowledge through training, seminars and interacting with agency and industry events
In 12 months, you would have:
- Took the lead on several responses to client briefs and worked in tandem with the wider planning, strategy and connect teams to deliver innovative solutions
- Delivered strong actionable insights for your clients that influenced the direction of their plans
- Cemented yourself as the “go-to” day to day lead for your projects and clients, and become a trusted partner
- Supported the wider team to deliver best in class innovation led campaigns
Responsibilities of the role:
The Senior Planner should:
- Work openly and collaboratively with Planning, Investment teams and external agencies in order to help develop innovative ideas
- Support the Planning Manager and Associate Director across all planning projects and ad hoc requests, alongside taking the lead on smaller projects
- Help manage the Planner on the team with their day to day work
- Manage the tracking of budgetary and financial information for all campaigns, and championing a smooth finance process within the team
- Lean into agency initiatives that improve strategic planning output across all areas of Sky
- Demonstrate an active interest in Sky’s business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise
- Develop excellent relationships with other departments that work on the account to help you get things done
What you will need:
An inquisitive mind coupled with the ability to look beyond the obvious to help uncover insights that shape our communications strategies
- Media planning experience across both brand and acquisition, with a strong understanding of response channels
- Ideally you will need a Marketing/Business/Advertising related degree and experience in a similar planning role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and confidence presenting in front of clients
- A thirst for learning about technology, trends, media, people, brands and the industry, and a passion for content
- Excellent organisational skills, meaning you are adept at managing a diverse workload and that of your team
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with particular emphasis on Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- An open and collaborative attitude
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.