GroupM | Media Planner
Overview of job
As the Media Planner, you will be planning your clients' paid media investments across multiple industry sectors. You will assist in the planning of the media experience and bringing the clients campaign to life. A Media Planner will be involved in the whole process, from strategy input through to post analysis.
The Media Planner is the hub of the client’s campaign, living and breathing all channels and building strong relationships with a wide range of partners, so this role will be forward facing with both client and media.
We are a team of passionate people, who chase innovation, and we hold our media relationships dear to our hearts. We embody partnerships in the true sense of the word, and look to challenge ourselves in everything we do.
So, we are seeking an individual who is passionate about media and keen to break conventions and challenge the status quo.
Three best things about the job:
- Working in a dynamic agency, gaining exposure across all disciplines
- Exposure to learning and development opportunities. Being part of WPP giving you first class training opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in new business
Measures of success
In three months:
- Develop strong media recommendations aligned to your clients briefs
- Work effectively with the Communications Managers, learning specialised skills in your client's industry space
- Build relationship with key junior client team members
In six months:
- Develop strong internal and external relationships
- Deliver value for your clients
- Maintain relationship established with clients
- Provide proactive opportunities and planning outside the box ideas to client
In twelve months:
- Delivery of innovative communications solutions
- Amplify creative and integration across campaigns
Client and stakeholder relationships:
- Manage relationships with media partners and client contacts
- Manage internal relationships with other teams within the Group
Media Planning & Trading:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the media market
- Manages communication from planning team to trade team, clients and media
- Manages output to ensure all planning and strategic ideas are delivered through the trading process
- Provides accurate and timely reporting and sells results internally and to clients
Team and People Development:
- Actively manages workflow and assists to get tasks completed within set deadlines.
- Ensure team members properly adhere to Works to ensure quality control processes within set deadlines, escalating to Client team leads where appropriate
- Participates and embraces all role related training forums (within team, internal & external courses). Focus on developing skills required to perform role now including a broader interest
What you will need:
- Someone who is hungry to be part of the media industry with a minimum of 12 months industry experience
- Excellent management skills
- Manage up as well as down
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Degree in marketing, advertising or communications
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees. With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.