Media Lab | Media Coordinator
Overview of the job
Fantastic opportunity to kick-start your media/advertising career, working in a well-resourced media agency created for one of Australia’s largest clients, the Westpac Group. We are looking for an ambitious young marketer who wants to build their knowledge of media and marketing. You will work with some of the best known media brands in the industry, learn best-in-class marketing techniques and work with a large team of experienced marketers and media experts.
This position is within the Housing, Business & St.George Brand team, activating campaigns with a heavy focus on TV, press, radio, OOH, Cinema, digital display, digital video and social media.
Your role as a Coordinator is to work cross functionally with internal team members and external media vendors to ensure advertising media is bought and traded according to the agreed media plans. You will also work with external creative agencies to collect advertising creative and ensure all advertising is tracked within the relevant media systems.
3 best things about the job:
- Support – You will work within a very well-resourced activation and planning team, where you will have the opportunity to learn from a range of team members around you
- Unique agency – Partnering with a brand who has a very close and open working relationship with the agency. Media Lab has the agility of a small agency, however we also have the support from a larger agency group (GroupM).
- Media exposure – Working on a large, high-profile client, you will be exposed to a high volume of the best known media brands in market and gain valuable experience in all media channels (online and offline)
This role reports into:
In this role your goals will be:
In three months:
- Successfully worked through the process of setting campaigns live, with the support of the executive
- Been trained and familiarised yourself with digital tech platforms and media tools that are utilised across GroupM
- Developed a good understanding of the media landscape in Australia
In six months:
- Support the wider team without supervision, through ad operations, reporting and finance operations
- Built successful working relationships with operations teams at key publishers
- Effectively work with and communicate with the wider agency teams including broadly understanding all functions within the agency.
In twelve months:
- Able to have informed conversations with media owners and the creative agency, with minimal input from your Executive/Manager
- Mentor and guide younger members of the agency in day-to-day operations
- Working through the campaign implementation process with minimal need for guidance and support
What your day job looks like at Media Lab:
- Develop an understanding of all aspects of planning, buying and implementation of media
- Assist Executives and Managers in all aspects of campaign planning and media buying
- Build relationships with other Media Lab departments and media owners
- Responsible for loading media bookings into BMD from approved plans with support of the Executive
- Responsible for updating all team admin documents (WIPs, status sheets)
- Responsible for sending specs to creative agencies and managing despatch and timelines
- Ensuring that all documents are kept in a structured manner in respective client folders
- Build relationships with the campaign trafficking team and build proficient understanding of all tasks within the team
- Responsible for ensuring all approved campaigns are booked, set up for trafficking, setting up of analytics/conversion tags, scheduling delivery reports
- Construction of client reporting documents; live reports, delivery reports, post data
- Answer all account queries in a timely manner
- Develop budget management skills for all executions
- Be proficient in the use and understanding of all planning, tracking and other tools (eg. Nielsen, Roy Morgan. BMD, Doubleclick, Symphony etc)
- Ensures all processes are SOX compliant
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrate a basic-level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Be curious, never hesitate to ask
- Competent in all Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail with good levels of accuracy
- A good work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Able to follow instructions, be organised and work autonomously
- Be a great communicator and enjoy interacting with people and learning about their business
About Media Lab
Media Lab is a bespoke media agency within GroupM that has been designed to manage the planning and buying for the Westpac Banking Group.
Our mission is to collaborate as one team using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections. We strive to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Media Lab presents a fantastic career opportunity for ambitious people who share our ambition. Want to learn more about Media Lab? Take a look at our careers page here
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMAPAC on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.