[m]Platform | Media Planning Associate Director
Overview of job
GroupM is the leading global media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Strategic Planning Associate Director to join us.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.Reporting of the role
This role reports to: direct report to PBU Head, dot report to Neo GM
3 best things about the job:
- Brand: You will be working on top premium & competitive brands that continuously make impact in the market!
- The Team: You will be part of a team of young passionate individuals with hip leadership and loves thinking outside the box.
- Client & Business: manage the client’s media business in the fastest moving and most fascinating categories and country.
In three months:
- Develop a good understanding of advertising as part of a campaign.
- Begun to influence the plans and approaches for the coming year.
- Been able to identify areas of improvement to deliver better service and work to the client from across the agency.
- Trained and mentored executives in your team
- Been a true leader of your team and gain their trust and respect.
- Managed all annual review/planning proposal for this client, coordinating the full agency resource to deliver.
- Been managing the team on an independent basis.
- Lead the relationship with the client from a planning and implementation perspective
- Campaign strategy & planning, and integration with the wider comms
- Oversee & benchmark buying performance
- Oversee the delivery of team’s day to day tasks
- Assist in training & up-skilling of client account teams
- Deployment of measurement frameworks across clients
- Management, extraction & interpretation of clients’ digital performance data
- Delivery of beyond-the-banner high value services, including: workshops; content solutions; performance marketing; social & mobile projects; competitor intelligence service
- 6-7 year working experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Chinese
- Bachelor degree and above
- Excellent grasp of communications strategy with a full understanding of how advertising works and key advertising principles.
- A full understanding of clients’ business, competitors, customers and objectives and a sympathetic incorporation of these considerations into the communications strategy.
- Good organizational skills in handling a number of projects at the same time, being able to set priorities, keep to deadlines, work effectively under time pressure.
- A good rapport with colleagues across all divisions, clients, other agencies and media owners.
- Expertise in all relevant industry software and systems.
- Good team management skills and excellent on train, develop and motivate junior team members.
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
China is now the second largest media market, and the world’s most vibrant digital market, growing at double the rate of the US. In 2013, China surpassed the US in e-commerce, and China leads the world in mobile with over 600m smartphone connections. The pace of change and the scale of China’s emerging consumer market are unparalleled in any other market. Global CEOs are looking to China to drive growth, and brands are rushing to keep pace.
If you want a future in media and communications, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than China, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.