MediaCom | Media Assistant
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Assistant to join us. This is an entry-level opportunity for you to build fundamental skills of media planning. At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Senior Planner, Manager
3 best things about the job:
1.Opportunity to work for one of the best accounts
2.Work on not only on media planning but also on digital planning with the FMCG marketing communication approach
3.Flexible work environment at International Media Agencies in Tokyo, Japan
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Been brought up to speed on MediaCom servicing processes and best practices – you will be ready to face the world largest client with confidence.
- Been exposed to all related stakeholders, and you will start managing and media planning process against briefs from the designated client
- Been satisfactorily commented by internally and externally that you’re well on-boarded.
In six months:
- Stood as the dedicated planning support for the client.
- Begun to develop an incremental business pipeline for your clients.
In 12 months:
- Successfully serviced your respective client engagements, earning client compliment to another projects' worth of agency retainership
- Built out your incremental business pipeline with additional MediaCom products and service offerings
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Planning Phase
- Information aggregation and processing from databases such as ACR
- Inquiry of mainly digital and OOH media materials
- After Ordering and Draft
- Creating a submission list for each media linked to the plan
- Summary of URL and DCM tag creation information
- Summary of submission rules
- Check specifics of submissions such as size, capacity, number of characters
- Request for correction of submission
- Media brand lift survey request
- Drafting and Implementation
- Start confirmation ・ Contact
- Regular report inquiry + preliminary value summary
- After Completion
- End confirmation and publication report creation
- Final report and survey report inquiry
- High interest in media planning and digital planning is necessary.
- Currently working or authorized to work in Japan.
- Native level Japanese communication skill is necessary.
- Understanding about digital data and managing tools (DV360, Ad words, programmatic buying etc.) is preferred.
- English communication skill is highly preferred.
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Reebok, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM Japan is a part of the GroupM that leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.