Wavemaker | Account Manager
Overview of job
In this role, you will manage a full media service including integrated media strategy proposal on both traditional and digital media activities, media intelligence updates and post evaluation reports.
You are expected to build and maintain a good relationship with internal and external collaborative teams to facilitate daily operation.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Have direct coaching from strategic planning team senior members
- Demonstrate the true self and talent in a liberated spirit team
- Develop strong client management skill
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Manage Key products and deliver integrated media plans
- Independently respond 50%+ queries from client
- Demonstrate cooperative spirit with team members
In six months, you would have:
- Independently respond 70% queries from client
- Motivate and manage well for the subordinated team member
In 12 months, you would have:
- Upscale the strategic planning skill and gain satisfactory feedback from client
- Independently handle the whole planning process and run the day-to-day activities smoothly
Responsibilities of the role:
- Make every effort to enhance planning quality and make our excellent delivery highly visible to key clients.
- Provide high-quality strategy and tactics in client proposal and reporting
- Strong problem solving capability and implementation capacity.
- Manage day to day operational work on the given client(s) with the team
- Ensure client projects are kept on track while adhering to campaign objectives.
- Manage the daily communication with multiple parties; able to tackle sudden requests/issues with proper attitude and professional skills.
- Understand and be familiar with GroupM tools to upscale the quality of planning proposal
- Support new client pitch o new business proposal to existing clients when necessary
- Have a profound understanding and upholding company's mission and values.
- Above 4-5 years proven experience of Media planning, (4A agency is preferred)
- Work experience with established high end brands preferred
- Good at English & Chinese reading & writing.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
China is now the second largest media market, and the world’s most vibrant digital market, growing at double the rate of the US. In 2013, China surpassed the US in e-commerce, and China leads the world in mobile with over 600m smartphone connections. The pace of change and the scale of China’s emerging consumer market are unparalleled in any other market. Global CEOs are looking to China to drive growth, and brands are rushing to keep pace.
If you want a future in media and communications, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than China, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.