Wavemaker | Business Manager - Planning
Overview of job
Wavemaker is looking for a Business Manger to manage one of their key client. The candidate should be proficient to create integrated media solutions. Responsible for handling day to day operations.
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Group Head
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Learn & Grow is the mantra we believe will help the candidate prosper in their career-path
- Attain strong understanding of cross channel media strategy
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Understand the category and brand objectives for the year
- Understood Wavemaker way of working
In six months, you would have:
- Initiated & delivered at least 2 key projects
- Successfully lead media discussion with the client
In 12 months, you would have:
- Worked on Award entries
- Worked and presented a 360 media approach
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide strategic communications & planning on your set of brands
- Work single-handedly on media plans for the brand
- Be responsible for the overall planning & implementation for your set of brands
What you will need:
- 3 years’ experience in managing media planning/communication strategy & client relationships
- Highly passionate, collaborative, outgoing, creative media leader and thinker
- Ability to understand mediums beyond ATL
- Excellent communication/presentation/client management skills
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.