GroupM | Media Manager
We are looking for a Media Manager to join our team, working across one Australia’s most recognisable brands. You will be part of a dynamic team that can drive end-to-end media process, from strategy and planning right through to post analysis.
Within the team you will gain exposure across all media channels working on big budget campaigns including Home Loans, Everyday Banking, Travel Money Card and Tech Innovation. You will also be expected to leverage our digital relationships with the internal Programmatic, Search & Social teams.
Three best things about this job
- Opportunity to grow – you work on a dynamic client in an ever-changing landscape and you will become a true partner for all their media needs. You will be supported in your growth and development both on the job and through training.
- Working at a highly dynamic agency that respects freedom of thought and ideas, where culture is key
- You get to work in an awesome and highly social team, on one of the most well-respected clients in market
What’s your role?
- Embed yourself as the key day to day contact across your client patch, become a valuable resource & partner for client
- Deliver & implement first class communications solutions for a variety of brand & acquisition briefs ensuring quality in the process every step of the way
- Establish yourself as the go to resource for trade and planning expertise within the agency, helping to foster a culture of learning and development for the Exec & wider team.
- Manage Executives & Coordinators to ensure accurate delivery of campaigns and presentation/selling of results both internally and to clients
- Create planning documents that deliver on strategy via clear innovative media recommendations, ensuring quality control processes are properly adhered within deadlines.
- Negotiate client level trading positions and day to day trading across all media
In three months:
- Service client daily to ensure work is flowing and clients are up to speed on all tasks
- Have a good understanding of the tools available across both planning and buying
- Ensure that holistic thinking is carried across channel planning and set outcomes that can be clearly measured
In six months:
- With support of the Director, present plans and post campaign reports to the client as well as attend regular WIPs
- Set clear KPI’s and measures of success for reporting lines, aligning with their career goals
- Ensuring thorough, consistent briefing of suppliers and production of plans with the best opportunities presented to client
In 12 months:
- Supporting the broader strategic output for your client’s media and communication needs
- Maintain a strong relationship with the client, internal & client specialist teams and media partners to ensure integration flows between all partners
- Lead and direct all team members to support in the development of media concepts, plans and implementation of buys - that are planned holistically with the broader media mix
What will help you succeed?
- Highly organised, project management and coordination skills
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of the wider team
- A willingness to learn and innovate across all media channels
- Previous experience on a financial client isn’t essential
- Rituals that reflect our brilliant working culture. These include weekly agency meet ups, pay day BBQs, additional leave for your tenure
- Rewards for being an Ikonoclast – leave to pursue your passions, opportunity to participate in our $10k annual staff award and time off just to look after you!
- Recognition for going above and beyond and a chance to become part of the hall of fame!
- Need another reason for a leave day, take your birthday, a Summer Friday and an additional day at Christmas on us!
- Health and wellbeing discounts
- Generous parental and family leave
- Dedicated learning and development specialist and access to WPPs training academy to unlock your full potential!
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom and Wavemaker, each global operations with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.