GroupM | HR Assistant Manager
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a HR Assistant Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting HR process in Korea with regional HR team.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
As the HR Assistant Manager of GroupM, you will support the HR Manager by acting as the first point of contact for all queries from our people including foreigners, whilst providing hands-on HR support to ensure HR & Talent operational processes and procedures are developed, implemented and carried out in accordance with the GroupM Korea Process, relevant policies and current legislation.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to HR Manager.
3 best things about the job:
1. Great opportunity to develop your HR generalist skills in the world’s leading media agency group
2. You will have a highly social, fast-paced job, providing first class service to the incredible talent inside our agencies
3. The scope for this role is never-ending, you will learn from other markets, both regional and worldwide
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Developing open, frank and positive relationships with colleagues throughout GroupM
- Demonstrating a strong eye for detail to ensure accuracy and consistent delivery of all documents produced
- Building a solid understanding of GroupM, and our agencies, and their policies and procedures
- Understanding the various GroupM employment contract templates and terms and conditions
In six months:
- Building trusted relationships with the agencies, having built credibility as reliable and responsive
- Delivering a high quality and consistent HR administration service across all agencies and employees
In 12 months:
- Take ownership of the daily administrative functions of the HR Team.
- Maintaining good working relationships with main contacts
- Considered an ally and problem solver
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Ensure the HR administration function offers a high quality and consistent service to all agencies and employees, whilst working to continually improve accuracy, processes and response times
- Monitor and prepare the summary of attendance, leaves, and tardiness of all agencies
- Update the HR database, ensuring it is current and accurate at all times
- Support the onboarding and off-boarding processes by liaising with payroll to ensure all necessary details are accurately transferred toHR
- Provide the Payroll information regarding salary changes, promotions, parental leaves, etc by payroll deadline
- Assist with the employee benefits portfolio, communicating regularly to ensure maximum awareness
- Work with the HR & Talent Manager to ensure all GroupM/WPP procedures are well understood and adhered to by all employees including ensuring the WPP online training courses are completed
- Ensure concern for quality and pride in all work produced; be consistently careful and methodical with a strong eye for detail to ensure accuracy and consistent delivery
- Prepare and process all government document for all employees
- This post is open to graduates with Bachelor’s degree in any of the following courses. BS. Business Administration; Human Resource management.
- Preferably with 3 to 5 years’ experience in HR role
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative; constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on approach to all tasks; taking an active and effective role in all day to day HR administration activities
- A hands-on and highly organized approach to all tasks in order to effectively manage a variety of different tasks on a daily basis
- Comfortable with ambiguity - flexible and adaptable with a willingness to learn and ‘muck in’ where ever needed.
- Be team! We are a small and nimble team, passionate about supporting each other to deliver the best all-around talent solution
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
About South Korea
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, MediaCom, MindShare and Wavemaker.
Its primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.