Essence | Senior Manager - Content and Innovation
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, Nando's and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,600 people strong, manages over $3.6B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC. we are looking for Senior Manger-content and Innovation with 6-8 years of experience in marketing and advertising field.
Reporting of the Role:
This role reports to Director-Content and Innovation
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of an award-winning global media agency network and the largest marketing services group in the world.
- Part of a team which works on one of the biggest FMCG client globally, in which you will gain invaluable knowledge and training on how innovation & partnerships can help redefine key moments for the client through proposing and carrying out global content strategy aligned with their business strategy.
- Working within a fast-growing team with access to a strong global network of over 300 content specialists and multiple strategic partners that help bring to life branded experiences and a content-first approach for our client’s audiences.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Demonstrate understanding of the business challenges for our brands and proactively build relationships with stakeholders (internally, externally and with clients).
- Gained regional knowledge across various markets.
- Thorough understanding of ways of working and liaising with markets and clients.
- To manage and work with a team of global Comms planning and content specialists (local markets) to provide guidance in terms of new content opportunities and digital first innovative solutions aligned with client requirements.
- Managed campaign and market coordination with guidance from peers or supervisor to ensure seamless execution.
In six months:
- Have formed trusted relationships between internal teams and clients, in terms of becoming the custodian for their brands and provide consultancy related to content marketing.
- Thorough understanding of brand category and competition across markets.
- You will be up to speed with the value proposition of Mindshare Content+ products and will be able to articulate this confidently.
- You will have been exposed to current and past content projects to understand overall strategy approach in terms of campaigns and new solutions.
- You will have started to manage projects from planning, sell-in, all through to closing; including deal negotiations and contract management etc.
- Contribute to internal and external meetings.
In 12 months:
- Orchestrate the inputs from the internal teams to develop innovative content marketing solutions and/or initiatives for clients, beyond the usual tried-and-tested routes.
- Your clients will actively come to you as the go-to-person for social & content knowledge and seek your recommendations.
- Proactively build, and manage a pipeline of upcoming new content marketing opportunities across markets.
What your day job looks like at Essence:
Assist global content COE with developing partnership opportunities, toolkits development, creation and cascade.
Strategic Thinking and Thought Leadership
- Build effective content marketing strategy and ideas (together with global Comms team, global brand and partners) to support global Comms / BETs.
- Support in development of playbooks outside of BETs to outline approach to land UL mandate on Content.
- Driving application of repeatable models of success for content in BETs.
- Curating best practices and sharing across the planning hubs to inspire content innovation.
Stewardship of Content Partnerships and Innovation
- Support in building the future facing innovation roadmap through Global Content days, partner days and brand workshops etc.
- Support in building and refreshing content partnership agenda to ensure relevance.
- Support on negotiations with publishers, broadcasters and content partners.
- Tracking contract and entitlement fulfilment on both client and partner side.
Market engagement and Deployment
- Encourage collaboration between global and local markets to ensure landing of partnerships.
- Work with local market to identify local opportunities and scale across multi-markets.
What you will bring:
- 6+ years’ experience in content marketing within an agency or content production or publisher setting.
- Strong understanding on the content landscape (partners such as publishers, broadcasters and content creators) of Southeast Asia & beyond
- A track record of collaboration leading to successful campaign results.
- A developed understanding of content planning frameworks, strong strategy development skills.
- Understanding about innovative content platforms, media networks and knowledge on influencer marketing is a plus.
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Journalism, Content Marketing, Communications, Business.
- Strong written and speaking command of the English languages.
- Experience of working with tight deadlines and under pressure.