Mediacom I Communications Planner
Start your career with MediaCom Philippines and be globally competitive in the media industry. MediaCom, the largest media agency in the country, is looking for talented and passionate individuals to join the group as Communications Planner.
In this role, you will be responsible for a brand’s media and communications strategy, which will be based on research & analysis of consumers, competitors and media trends. You will be working closely with the communications planning manager to develop recommendations and manage the brand’s media investments.
This role reports to the Communications Planning Manager
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to over-all marketing & brand development
- Always at the forefront of communication trends (Traditional/Offline and Online media)
- Working with, and learning from, a wide variety of people from MediaCom local/regional/global teams, clients and agency partners.
In this role, your goals will be::
In 3 months:
- Understand the basic media landscape and concepts
- Understand and use industry tools to accurately and promptly deliver requirements
- Familiarize yourself with MediaCom internal systems and processes, as well as internal specialist teams
In 6 months:
- Start to handle own brand with supervision, which includes managing media budgets and the annual plan laydown requirements, delivering requests and recommendations
- Start to assist in, or own, internal reporting and internal processes specific to the accounts handled
- Start to engage with the client on day to day requirements, with support and guidance by the communications planning manager
- Start to work with internal specialist teams on campaign deliverables
- Evaluate campaign performance from data gathered from internal resources
In 12 months:
- Lead interaction with the client on brand requirements
- Deliver Annual Communications Plan and Media Review requirements with close supervision from Communications Planning Manager and Planning Director
- Lead presentation of campaign performance reporting or annual plan recommendations
- Start to recommend test initiatives to address brand objectives
- Act as the brand steward to ensure that brand objectives are met, and as a gatekeeper for different specialist teams’ coordination needs
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
A Communications Planner will handle specific brand/s and perform the following tasks:
- Deliver strategic communication response to business issues and challenges based on the client’s brief
- Recommend platforms and investment level based on objective and strategic directions
- Monitor and analyze brand and competitive activities to gain learnings and best practices
- Lead discussions with client teams on brand, market or category reviews
- Seek and recommend media innovations which can address business needs
- Manage brand’s media budget for the year and per campaign
- Collaborate with the different teams (internal /external) to ensure smooth and holistic delivery of brand requirements
- Deliver complete, accurate and timely reports and requirements
What you'll bring (soft skills):
- Time management
- Project management
- Self -starter attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and number of skills
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
- Team player mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Research, Statistics, Management, Communication Technology, Business Related Courses.
- Fresh Graduate or 1-2 years of work experience in a marketing/advertising/research-related field
Welcome innovators, initiative takers, and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Philippine market overview In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108M and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.