Wavemaker | Senior Integrated Planner
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Media Planner to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing campaign strategy and solutions across traditional and digital media. You would have 2-3 years of experience in a media agency with media planning as your core day to day role. This is essential as you will be expected to bring with you strong integrated media thinking to deliver compelling channel plans.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Group Account Director
3 Best Things About The Job:
- Opportunity to interact and learn from the best people in Wavemaker and GroupM to drive excellence in media, content and technology.
- Opportunity to work on a diverse mix of well-known local retail brands and renowned international brands.
- Grow your potential in a team culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Acquire a good understanding of Wavemaker's planning process, proprietary tools and how it can be applied to formulate campaign insights and strategy.
- Inject creativity in thinking/developing media solutions.
- Competent in end-to-end project management, ensuring deliverables and KPIs are understood and met by internal teams and external partners.
- Build positive relationship with clients, internal teams and external partners.
In 6 months:
- Acquire a good understanding of clients’ business challenges and priorities and the ability to apply this knowledge in day to day client work.
- Deliver innovation by seeking and bringing new opportunities to clients on a regular basis beyond campaign brief/requirement.
- Establish good rapport with clients and become the Go-to person for clients and agency partners.
In 12 months:
- Lead and collaborate with internal teams to deliver an integrated Wavemaker solution across media, content and technology.
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with clients leading to successful sell-in of new offerings and initiatives.
What Your Day Looks Like In Wavemaker:
- Use Wavemaker proprietary planning process and tools to develop insights on brand category, competition, target audience, and the application of these insights to formulate campaign strategy.
- Drive innovative thinking and quality planning across traditional and digital media including out-of-home, radio, print, TV, display, video, search, social and programmatic.
- Manage implementation and collaborate with media owners, agency partners and internal specialist teams to ensure all deliverables are understood and met.
- Develop campaign KPIs and provide insights into performance and ROI of media plans.
- Monitor competitors’ activities, keep current on media trends and identify innovative and relevant opportunities for clients.
What you will need:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a media agency and with the last 12 months holding Media Planner job function.
- Proficient in spoken Mandarin, due to the nature of the client you are working with
- Currently working in Singapore or have worked in Singapore before with a solid understanding of local media landscape
- Strong working knowledge of how traditional and digital media interplay across paid owned earned.
- A creative thinker who constantly seeks new ideas/inspirations to bring fresh perspectives to client work.
- A confident communicator, you are eloquent in presenting/selling-in ideas to clients and agency partners.
- Only applicants who meet all the above criteria will be considered.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
About GroupM Singapore
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.