Mindshare | Integrated Planning Manager
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director, Planning.
3 best things about the job:
- This position gives the opportunity to work across the full range of media channels, from traditional media to cutting edge innovation.
- Learn some of the most advanced practices and processes in strategic media planning, working with a strong team who are dedicated to delivering over and above client expectations.
- Being no. 1 in the market, Mindshare Vietnam has breadth of products and services giving an opportunity for someone to deliver services in Digital on one end whilst delivering a Rural Strategy on Emerging Class Consumer on the other end given our vast portfolio of clients.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Understood the client business and the category they play in, and key drivers of growth
- Built a collaborative relationship with your clients, acting as the lead contact across your brands
- Embedded yourself into the internal team and understood the different specialist teams you work with
- Understood the key tools and processes critical to the everyday running of the account.
In six months, you would have:
- Led your own planning response from insight and strategy through to execution
- Project managed cross-media, category, and industry-leading campaigns.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Attend & receive Client Communication/Media Briefing
- Deliver strategic communication response to business issues/challenges
- Recommend platforms (ATL &Digital) and investment level based on objectives and strategic directions
- Manage brand budget on an annual and monthly level
- Monitor and analyze brand & competitive activities to gain learnings and best practices
- Lead discussions with brand team on communication reviews and upcoming media plans/activities
- Utilize different media and research tools/studies to craft data-based media solutions
- Deliver accurate and timely tracking reports
- Collaborate with the different teams (internal and external) to ensure smooth and holistic delivery of requirements
- Seek and recommend media innovations which will address business needs
- Lead and mentor team to help Communication Planners improve their strategic thinking skills and operational discipline.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Should have a sound knowledge of media planning principles, and be able to guide the client on investment queries.
- Able to handle a team, supervise and train them. She/he should understand media owners’ ways of working to oversee flawless execution.
- This person will need to work as a part of a large team handling a large client. Hence, should be a team player, ready to work together with people.
- The person should have digital planning experience – will be responsible for the strategic inputs across media including digital.
What you will need:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience, spent working on media/communications planning related business.
- Highly evolved presentation and reporting skills.
- Experience in managing multiple work streams and integrating on large projects and teams.
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a client facing role, with FMCG experience an added advantage.
- Shows a depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in client conversations.
- A passion for data, insights and ideation.