Wavemaker | Digital Manager
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Digital Manager to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for digital channel planning, lead implementation and help drive digital transformation for our clients. You will be the go-to digital person for clients and agency partners and proactively lead presentations and meeting discussions. You must possess excellent working knowledge of paid owned earned digital channels in Singapore and own existing relationship with media owners in this market.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Group Account Director
3 Best Things About The Job:
- Working with a high performing integrated media team to drive best in class digital channel planning and ROI for well-known local retail chain and renowned international brands.
- Hone leadership skills through building and leading operation excellence for the team.
- A culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Build good rapport with clients. Proactively participate in meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Competent in planning all digital channels and managing digital integration within the bigger communication plan.
- Own projection management, ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are up to speed on all tasks.
- Rigor in setting and tracking campaign KPIs. Ensure effective and accurate optimisation and delivery of performance utilising all relevant internal teams, agency processes and tech.
In 6 months:
- Establish credibility by applying understanding of clients’ category/competitive landscape and marketing priorities in day to day communication. Actively lead meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Holistic digital thinking is carried across channel planning and drive innovative solutions beyond tried and tested with outcomes that can be clearly measured.
- Direct and mentor the team to drive operation excellence throughout project implementation.
- Strong ability to assess attribution of marketing activities (eg. owned and earned) to paid channel performance to optimise overall campaign performance.
In 12 months:
- Build trusted advisor relationship with clients. Able to support the broader strategic output for clients’ marcom needs and inject your digital specialization.
- Fully competent in developing and articulating a compelling digital strategy/approach to successfully sell in campaign recommendation or new initiatives.
- Lead and direct all team members to support in the development of channel plans and creative solutions that are planned holistically with the broader media mix.
What Your Day Looks Like In Wavemaker:
- Develop digital campaign approach and how everything integrates within the bigger communication strategy.
- Apply knowledge of Singapore media landscape and the role of digital channels to deliver compelling solutions.
- Drive strategic and tactical innovation across media platforms, including display, video, search, mobile, social and programmatic.
- Manage implementation and collaborate with media owners, agency partners and internal specialist teams to ensure all deliverables are met/launched on time.
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of media plans and ensure the team deliver on agreed KPIs.
What You Need:
- Currently living/working in Singapore.
- At least 4 years of digital planning experience in a media/digital agency, with the last 1-2 years based in Singapore.
- Possess working knowledge of media planning, trading and buying process, with solid understanding of the digital channel landscape, the role of channels and how channels interplay across paid, owned and earned.
- Excellent technical knowledge of buying and trading tech including ad-servers, verification tools and DSP/DMPs etc.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.