MediaCom | Social Media Manager
This role forms a key part of the MediaCom Japan Client Team. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for running the day to day management of the social media campaign activities of a portfolio of high-profile multinational brands working collaboratively with local, regional and global colleagues to deliver best in class service and delivery to the clients.
Working within the wider integrated planning team you will act as the subject matter expert for your client portfolio ensuring commitments made to clients are specific and deliverable, ideally exceeded!
The role will drive the rapid development of excellence and efficiency in our offering across our clients establishing MediaCom as the industry leader for delivering growth to clients.
- Build a detailed understanding of your clients business challenges and deliver outcome driven social media plans and campaigns with tangible results .
- Understand and utilise MediaCom’s planning tools and processes to enable effective building of social media plans and campaigns
- Manage relationships with key decision makers within your client portfolio through a structured client engagement plan.
- Contribute innovative ideas on social media aspects as part of the wider team planning process.
- Deliver best in class social media execution plans using our available range of tools and software to deliver client campaigns
- Develop and deliver a data driven performance plan framework for your clients, to increase their campaigns effectiveness.
- Develop strong relationships with clients, be their go to person for anything social media.
- Work with wider teams (including performance marketing, biddable and programmatic) to ensure regular reporting that serves the client’s needs.
- Anticipate the client’s needs and set up internal process to meet / exceed them
- Work closely with the Client Lead and the Strategy team to produce best in class campaign strategy, plan and rationale documents for social media.
- Be the custodian of your client's advertising presence on social media platforms & the go-to-person on all matters social media
- Lead the delivery of measurement, analysis and reporting of all social media campaigns and feed this intelligence and insight back into the media planning process
- Provide insight and analysis to the Client Lead to support the development of data driven strategic recommendations for the client
- You will become an advocate of your wider team's work and a trusted client partner by attending briefings and strategy sessions, building social ads designed to deliver business value and client KPIs.
- You'll become a trusted client partner with your inherent knowledge of their business and how social can elevate brand and DR messaging/outcomes based on their needs.
- Keep your client leads up to date on social best practices - content, platforms, and tools within the paid social ecosystem.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2 years’ experience in paid activation is ideal; social and search (YouTube) accepted
- Bachelor degree or Diploma, Marketing, Communications, Business.
- Exceptional verbal, written, communication skills with an analytical mind set
- An excellent work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Experience working across either Media, Marketing, Consultancy, Business Analytics
- Proven experience in data interpretation & analysis
- MS Office skills with advance knowledge in Excel
- Bilingual preferred; Japanese and English; with fluency in one language and basic / business communication in the other.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognized as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organizing team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
MediaCom is a part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s largest media investment management group.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com/jp.To find out more about our parent company, WPP, visit here: https://www.wpp.com/
GroupM Japan is a part of the GroupM that leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.