Wavemaker | Digital Manager, Client Solutions Hub, Hong Kong
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Digital Manager to join us. In this role, you will play the lead in ensuring our clients’ digital activities run smoothly. It requires running the day to day digital activities from tactical planning through to development of strategy, working lock step with the integrated team. Client management will also be a key part of this role, ensuring a positive relationship that generates organic growth through delivering thought leadership & consultancy, media training and workshops as well as keeping up to date with cutting edge data and marketing intelligence.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Performance Director
In this role, your goals will be:
3 best things about the job:
- Working with large global brands across APAC (and beyond)
- Dynamic team that is collaborative
- A culture of continuous learning and career progression
In this role, your goals will be:
In one month:
- Gain trust of client in delivering day to day campaigns
- Delivering excellent campaigns
- Known for attention to detail, accuracy and not dropping the ball on clients
In three months:
- Be up to speed with client’s portfolios and opportunities within it
- Work seamlessly within the internal team
In six months:
- Make unique ground-breaking recommendations
- Deliver a thought piece to our clients on an industry trend
In 12 months:
- Submission of a case study (either internally or externally)
What you’ll bring:
- Proven track record of delivering excellence in digital campaign management:
- Ability to recommend innovative solutions, challenging the status quo
- Accurate completion of all campaign trafficking, reporting and optimization. Accurate completion of campaign reconciliation.
- Contribute to the accurate supply of creative assets from appointed partner agencies or from client.
- Complete campaign analysis and insight.
- Working closely with the search and social planners for campaign alignment and to ensure we have a holistic view for clients
- Effective use of WM bespoke and industry planning tools – working together with strategy and the account team on strategy documents.
- Have a strong point of view on appropriate digital strategies
- Ensuring delivery of clients’ implementational plans on time where possible but also managing client expectations by pushing back on unrealistic expectations where appropriate.
- Presence at client meetings as digital specialist.
- 4-8 years, predominantly in a range of digital media (display experience is a must), regional or global experience preferable but not mandatory if willing to learn.
- Detail-minded and highly organized person who can manage close working relationship with clients and global digital media owners.
- Degree holder in media related discipline
- Good command in spoken and written English and Chinese
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.