Media Lab | Search Executive
Media Lab is looking for an experienced and passionate SEM Executive (Paid Search) to join the team working across their client, Westpac Banking Group. This role will work specifically within paid search, across the Google technology stack.
The SEM Executive is responsible for the end-to-end implementation across campaigns, with the support of their manager and an executive. The main day-to-day responsibilities include campaign setup, budget management, client communication, keyword research, adcopy creation and reporting back to the client.
You will work alongside a range of digital/offline planning and implementation teams. This role is the perfect role for someone looking to deepen their understanding of SEM but is also looking for exposure to other channels and advanced technology stacks. The role also has plenty of client contact which is maintained through our very close and unique working relationship with the Westpac business.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the SEM Manager. You will work with a SEM Coordinator as well as a SEM Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Allows you to stay connected to the trading technology while having exposure to other advanced agency processes + technology
- We’re completely dedicated to one client, meaning there are great opportunities to develop client relationships, as well as gaining exposure to their business beyond media
- It’s a great agency to work! We are very well resourced and we all have a very positive work-life balance
Measures of Success:
In three months:
- Shown a strong understanding of the agency processes, your role in the team and an understanding of the client business unit that you are working alongside.
- Demonstrated a good understanding of the key technology platforms, the Westpac group setup and demonstrating good trading competence within the platforms.
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of Westpac and Media Lab’s compliance processes and their role in our work
- Providing appropriate support to your team and delivering requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Writing reporting commentary that requires little input from your manager.
In six months, you would have:
- Built relationships internally, with media, agency partners, and the client team at Westpac
- Owned the search buying process for specific allocated clients/campaigns from end to end.
- Driven effective process control through the team, including the regular running of WIP meetings, building better process and the meeting of all compliance.
- Been performing keyword research, building adcopy and building new campaigns as required
- Worked collaboratively as part of a successfully functioning team. This includes delegating tasks and clearly understanding
- Able to manage and run your campaigns with little day-to-day input from your manager
- Supported the Coordinator in the team ensuring that they are delivering as per requirements, on time and to a high standard
- Been analysing data and providing recommendations back to your manager or the client on better ways to drive performance
In 12 months, you would have:
- Established positive leadership position across the agency at the implementation level
- Requested to take on more challenging work, from a special project or technology perspective
- Able to clearly articulate what you want as your next steps (from your role), including career mapping.
- Been working independently in the day-to-day, with minimal supervision from your manager
- Engaged with the SEM industry for education, recognition or networking
- Presented to the client in recommendations, WIPs or PCR’s
- Become an opinion leader at the trading level. You would have been vocal about driving continuous improvement and continuing to challenge the best ways of operating.
What your day to day looks like at Media Lab:
- Day-to-day trading, budget management and optimisation of the search channel
- Continue to improve skill within Google Ads and Search Ads 360 to deliver the best campaign performance
- Assist in the day to day management, training and career development of the Coordinator
- Support the Manager and Director on requests and be pro-active in providing additional support beyond the day to day
- Work with the team to maximise performance, including regular internal communication
- Keep abreast of key digital search/media trends in industry press and media contact
- Drive process efficiency throughout the team, seeking out new and better ways of managing workflow
- Work through appropriate vendor and industry certification
- Manage invoice processes with the team
- Attend client WIPs and participate in meetings
- Collate, prepare and manipulate data, prepare reports and capture insights from your campaigns
What you will bring:
- A passion for the media industry and a strong understanding of the media landscape
- Digital technology skills, specifically across Google and Adobe products
- A willingness to work within performance planning principles and data driven planning tools
- A preference to collaboration and team-based working
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with vendors in market
- Entry level experience in the digital media industry
- Certification in Google Ads
- Experience across relevant media technology products
About Media Lab
Media Lab is the dedicated media community for the Westpac Banking Group. With collaboration at the heart of everything we do, we have developed a shared vision with the Westpac marketing team as well as aligning our values and behaviours all of which are built on a foundation of trust and transparency.
We are a team of 50 specialists working across all paid, owned and earned channels using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections across the full ecosystem of channels.
Our teams are built around discipline expertise and connected by a truly channel neutral planning and analytics team. Together they apply a scientific approach to planning which guides our thinking working in tandem with deep partnerships with key creative, media, technology, and data partners. This allows us to build bespoke teams to tackle challenges where we are all working as one regardless of background or employer. What gets us out of bed every day is to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Our way of working and philosophy makes Media Lab what it is, both in terms of our culture as well as the work we do and the performance we drive.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.