GroupM | Search Manager
3 best things about the job:
- You will get to manage a highly motivated team, develop their SEM skills and help them grow as professionals.
- You will get exposure to a diverse range of clients and develop search strategies for their businesses.
- You have access to the resources and opportunities of a large agency network with the benefits of agility of a forward thinking agency.
In three months, you would have:
- A full understanding of key SEM accounts and how they can be optimized to drive performance
- Confidently delegated tasks to your direct reports ad managed their delivery
- Built solid relationships with key SEM clients
- Developed a training program to ensure continuous development for the SEM team
- Delivered annual SEM strategies for SEM clients
- Developed and delivered appraisals for direct reports
- Manage the paid search product delivery across key clients
- Manage the work from the search team providing leadership, ongoing feedback, effective motivation, performance evaluation, career direction and training of staff members
- Deliver outstanding client services to key paid search accounts across the agency
- Drive development and implementation of best practices in Search
- Evangelise the search product within GroupM Thailand
- Provide education on overall search industry landscape and best practices
- 3-5 years paid search experience across branding and direct response campaigns
- Familiarity with major bid management platforms
- Exceptional quantitative analytical skills and aptitude including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience managing a team of specialists
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Good Command in English (written and spoken)
- Demonstrate a passion for digital that extends beyond paid search to SEO, biddable media and social
- Ability to present complex search concepts in simple and engaging language to clients and colleagues
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
In a population of 66 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 137% with smart phone penetration at 61%. Digital spend has grown 18% year-on-year since 2016 and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media and marketing communication markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.