Mediacom I Communications Planning Manager
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and is part of WPP.
We are currently looking for a Communications Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for demonstrating success in managing media planning businesses for a large brand.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to Media Director
3 best things about the job:
- Work with the Philippines’ largest QSR company, handling widely-recognized brands
- Work with an amazingly passionate & collaborative team
- Huge opportunity for growth through taking a business-based, strategic thinking approach in driving innovative media solutions.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understood the client business and the category they play in, and key drivers of growth
- Built a collaborative relationship with your clients, acting as the lead contact across your brands
- Embedded yourself into the internal team and understood the different specialist teams you work with
- Understood the key tools and processes critical to the everyday running of the account
In six months:
- Led your own planning response from insight and strategy through to execution
- Project managed cross-media, category, and industry-leading campaigns.
In 12 months:
A Communications Planning Manager will be assigned to manage a group of brands and oversee a team of Communication Planners. She will also handle specific brands and perform the following tasks:
- Attend & receive Client Communication/Media Briefing
- Deliver strategic communication response to business issues/challenges
- Recommend platforms (ATL &Digital) and investment level based on objectives and strategic directions
- Manage brand budget on an annual and monthly level
- Monitor and analyze brand & competitive activities to gain learnings and best practices
- Lead discussions with brand team on communication reviews and upcoming media plans/activities
- Utilize different media and research tools/studies to craft data-based media solutions
- Deliver accurate and timely tracking reports
- Collaborate with the different teams (internal and external) to ensure smooth and holistic delivery of requirements
- Seek and recommend media innovations which will address business needs
- Lead and mentor team to help Communication Planners improve their strategic thinking skills and operational discipline.
What your day job looks like at Mediacom:
- Over-all steward of the brand, leading strategic recommendations and day-to-day account management. The Communications Planning Manager will lead & supervise a team of Communication Planners in developing strategic thinking, client servicing, and collaboration skills.
What you'll bring:
- 4-6 years of media agency experience, with a strong understanding of traditional & digital media
- Team management and leadership skills/potential
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Research, Statistics, Management, Communication Technology
- 4-6 years in media/marketing/brand management experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative & qualitative)
- Good understanding of media channels, both digital and traditional
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
- Must come with digital planning understanding
Welcome innovators, initiative takers, and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Philippine market overview In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest-growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108M and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.