Wavemaker I Planning Group Head
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Planning Group Head to join us. In this role, you will be responsible in managing a set of clients(s) at Wavemaker Indonesia by managing the day to day delivery of digital media planning and excellence for the assigned client(s). At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role primarily reports to Agency Head
3 best things about the job:
- A learning environment with mentorship from within Wavemaker Indonesia, GroupM Indonesia and Wavemaker regional
- Opportunities to work across local and international client and agency teams
- Performance driven role with a focus on growing digital planning product and business
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Adapted and bonded with the internal team across the agency
- Understood past work and plans to the best of your ability within the brand handled
- Understood brands objectives and main challenges
- Gained initial client trust and comfort level to drive their business
In six months, you would have:
- Driven strategic integrated media plans – what we mean by integrated is included conventional and digital.
- Shown significant signs of growth potential within Wavemaker
- Work with internal and external partners to create best in class media strategies and tactical plans
- Integrated effectively and in good manner with clients, teams, vendors and partners
In 12 months, you would have:
- Grown existing client businesses
- Drive strategic & tactical innovation across media platforms
Responsibilities of the role:
Besides planning, overseeing, and driving operational needs of your clients; you would also be in-charge of being a media consultant to the clients by advising, guiding and shaping your clients’ media work specific to the categories/brands you are handled. While growing existing business will be key, you will also be assisting your senior agency teams in new business development strategies and plans during pitches.
What you will need:
- Under graduate degree in communication or media or business management (Post-graduate/masters preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in digital media (or a role that covers above knowledge areas)
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge required in – Fully understand the media basic terms and how implement them.
- As to understand and able to operate Nielsen tools is important, but what we prefer to see is how you use the relevant data for your clients.
- Understand marketing and consumer journey and insights terms and how to implement them
- Independent in ways of working.
- Discipline and have a good time management skill.
- Candidate should be able to present thoughts, plans and ideas in a clear and succinct manner (on a PowerPoint, Excel, or otherwise)
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to https://wavemakerglobal.com/
Indonesia is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets in the world, with a population of more than 260 million. It’s stable political climate and increasing consumer disposable income has meant that Indonesia is now firmly on the radar for MNCs seeking to invest in emerging markets.
Whilst the Indonesian media landscape is still dominated by terrestrial TV, with 65% of all advertising spend, digital is now poised to go through a period of exponential growth. There are more than 70 million internet users in Indonesia and 70% of them are accessing the web via mobile. As a marketer, the opportunity to transform a media landscape on such a scale is unprecedented in the APAC region.