WPP I Internal Audit APAC
The role focuses on risk-based auditing and primarily includes controls-based, detailed substantive and analytical internal audit work. Principal activities include reviews of financial and operational processes and the underlying numbers. Occasional involvement in ad hoc assignments including fraud investigations, SOX compliance reviews, system reviews, etc. The role operates in Asia Pacific. It is Manila-based and will require significant regional travel in the Asia Pacific region.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the WPP Head of Internal Audit, APAC.
3 best things about the job:
- Auditing the largest marketing communications company in the world and gaining experience auditing all disciplines in the marketing communications industry, including advertising, media, research, PR and branding, across all markets in APAC.
- Work in a dynamic team of experienced auditors, engaging in risk-based audits which tailor audit approaches and testing to risk profiles of operating companies and not being restricted by audit programmes.
- Experience a variety of engagements including internal audit reviews, SOX reviews, fraud investigations, system implementation reviews and whistle-blower investigations.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Carry out reviews and testing in accordance with risk assessment and time budgets.
- Draft audit findings and suggest practical recommendations.
In six months:
- Assist in risk analysis of operating companies.
- Design audit approach and testing in accordance with risk analysis.
In 12 months:
- Act as Team Lead for audits, responsible for planning audits, conducting fieldwork and delivery of reports.
Responsibilities of the role:
Conduct risk-based internal audit reviews of operating companies to assist WPP IA deliver the annual audit programme. Perform risk analysis of operating companies to identify high-risk areas and develop audit approaches and testing accordingly. Identifying risks and control weaknesses. Deliver well-written reports that clearly captures all audit findings and suggest practical recommendations to mitigate risks.
What you will need:
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Ability to assess risk and develop audit approach and testing accordingly;
- A naturally inquisitive, assertive (not aggressive) and tenacious character;
- Thorough, precise and diligent in performing tasks;
- Good communication skills - diplomatic and able to converse with a wide range of people;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Commercial and possibly having experience in a non-audit financial role;
- Able to work well in a diverse team;
- Good time management skills;
- Willingness to travel.
WPP is the world’s largest communications services group with billings of US$74 billion and revenues of over US$19 billion. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising & media investment management; data investment management; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; digital, eCommerce and shopper marketing; and specialist communications. The company employs over 200,000 people (including associates and investments) in over 3,000 offices across 112 countries.
WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 2017 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity for the seventh year running. WPP was also named, for the sixth consecutive year, the World’s Most Effective Holding Company in the 2017 Effie Effectiveness Index, which recognizes the effectiveness of marketing communications. In 2017 WPP was recognized by Warc 100 as the World’s Top Holding Company, for the third year in a row.
Discover more about WPP at http://www.wpp.com/
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m, and coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth makes it an exciting place for businesses and talent to be.
WPP is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength, so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.