Mindshare | Digital Planning Director
Mindshare South Korea
Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency division of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Digital Planning Director to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and account executive of digital media business of Global and/or Local Client.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Group Business Director (Media Director).
3 best things about the job:
1. Collaborate Strategy and planning with non-digital and ultimately consolidate overall
- Experience Global digital media environment and networks
- Opportunity to work for one of the famous Global accounts and deep dive into performance media marketing
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understanding and support media business of client and products
- Understanding global network and global digital media stream
In six months:
- Strategically lead digital media business of client’s brands
- Communicate with global network and share best practice
In 12 months:
- Lead media business of client without senior support
What your day job looks like at Mindshare:
- The right candidate will be capable of delivering excellent digital media planning, implementation and buying across all digital platforms, from brief to post-campaign analysis.
- They will be able to execute all administrative duties, address digital knowledge gaps, and develop and deliver new initiatives to clients and colleagues.
- On the client side, this ideal candidate will deliver exceptional client service.
What you’ll bring:
- The best will be pioneers in generating ideas and solutions to challenges, methods, products and services.
- You will work smarter, actively seeking learning and developing opportunities through knowledge sharing and utilising feedback.
- You should build and maintain strong working relationships with every level.
- You will constantly be challenging counterproductive processes in order to achieve the best result possible.
- Experience digital advertisement agency or digital media company over 10 years
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Knowledge for all aspects of Digital Media, including paid media such as Display, SEM, SNS, digital analytics such as google analytics and 3rd party brand safety tools etc.
- Strong analytical skills from digital performance campaign experience
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn new media, trend, and technology
- Able to approach of strategic plan and process
- Smooth communication skills with client and related bodies such as media reps
- People (team member) management
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare.
About South Korea
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, MediaCom, MindShare and Wavemaker.
Its primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.