GroupM | Accountant
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Accountant to join us. In this role, you will be responsible to assist agencies to handle daily business issues, and manage general ledger and financial planning and reporting.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Finance manager/Finance Director
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work for World Best Agencies under one roof
- Multi facets roles, advisor, trusted finance advisor to senior management team, leader & etc
- Fast pace, demanding, fun loving and satisfying work environment.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Be conversant with Agencies/GroupM’s Legal / Finance Structure
- Support Commercial on budgeting exercise in partnership with stakeholders.
- Oversee day-to-day finance/financial reporting activities of/GroupM & Managing financial closing/reporting
- Good understanding of all SOX /operation controls, compliances and key client contracts, and the APAC markets key commercial practices
- Able to build a good rapport with various stakeholders
- Familiar with cartesis system
In six months:
- Support the quarterly forecasting processes and generate monthly financial and management reports for the agency.
- Support the identify and implement improved business processes
- Oversee day-to-day finance and issues of Agencies/GroupM
- Able to give guidance to stakeholders
In 12 months:
- Responsible and trusted financial advisor for Agencies P&L, Balance sheet, Annual Budget/Quarterly/Monthly Forecast
Responsibilities of the role:
- Act and support the business in GL and financial reporting and planning.
- Provide support on build out a strong financial and operational processes for agencies and GroupM
- Perform monthly financial closing, reporting performance delivery against the Quarterly and other reporting as required.
- Prepare consolidate, monitor, review and analysis Quarterly and Yearly budgets/reforecast
- Assist in financial budgeting, reporting procedures and resolve discrepancies and meeting deadlines
- Ensure compliance of client and vendors contract and Revenue Recognition policies and guidelines ( if applicable)
- Build out strong financial and operational processes, responsible for operational efficiency across business, integration with media, finance, IT and human resource.
- Ad hoc special project, new business initiatives, pitches & client audit
- Governance, Compliance, Risk & Reporting Monitor contract compliance and commercial terms
What you will need:
- At least 3-4 years of working experience, preferably in an advertising agency environment, people, with prior exposure/experience to GL/Reporting.
- APAC experience highly preferred
- Self-driven, forward looking, results-oriented with a positive and can-do attitude
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.