Wavemaker | Digital Manager
The business for a media agency such as Wavemaker has evolved through the years, specifically in its digital practice. From what used to be media-centric, its offer has expanded to non-media services, which include but are not limited to strategy and creative conceptualization for digital, digital assets production, consumer engagement, and analytics and insights, among others.
Managing varying levels of the scope of work for clients; maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; ensuring that revenue targets are achieved; and overseeing the junior members of the account team/s are key to the role of the Planning Manager.
As a Precision Planning Manager, he/she will have the responsibility to manage the business needs of the group of accounts that will be assigned to him/her. He/she will also have the responsibility to drive business development for both existing and potential clients of the agency.
Reporting of the Role
The Precision Planning Manager reports to the Business Group Director of the Precision Team.
3 Best Things About the Job
- Diversity of Clients – you get to work with a wide portfolio of clients (from, FMCG to Nutritionals to services, and so on).
- Young and Dynamic Team – as the demand for digital continues to evolve, so does the team members of the Precision Team. What used to be a full digital media planning and buying team now also has non-media and mobile specialists. You get to learn from the experience of each individual.
- Support – Precision Team is backed by strong teams: client service, performance, content, and strategy & insights teams.
Measures of Success
- In three months – you would have mastered client management skills, delivering superior service and output for accounts handled; you would have achieved a clear grasp of the ins and outs of the accounts handled; you would have established a good working relationship with key stakeholders (internal and client teams); you would have proposed process improvements, as needed.
- In six months – you would have identified new opportunities to grow businesses handled; alongside other members of the team, you would have mapped out the relevant account playbooks to ensure that handling of the accounts is of a good standard; you would have set internal KPIs for accounts managed; you would have full accountability on the revenue targets set for your accounts.
- In twelve months – you would have majorly contributed to the successful launch of the brands handled; achieved 100% of revenue targets set for your accounts; you would have proposed and acquired new sources of revenue to help achieve the annual targets of the Precision Team.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Create digital media strategy and campaign plans (propose, iterate as needed and secure approval from clients)
- Manage and engage with client counterparts and internal account teams for key account assignments
- Oversee and manage the work of the assigned planners and activation team members
- Negotiate with media publishers
- Identify and propose innovative digital media solutions to clients
- Do campaign implementation (collaboration with ad operations team), optimization and reporting
- Participate in new business pitches, as required.
What you will need:
- Graduate of business, communication or a research-related course
- At least 3-4 year’s work experience, preferably from Media/Advertising, Fintech, Ad/Martech industry
- Experience in advertising, public relations/communications, marketing or any similar field
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office Skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Team leadership skills
- Client facing experience of providing data analytics and insight solutions, either in a research agency, media owner, digital or media agency, or advertiser.
- Has a good grasp of the Phillippine digital media landscape; capable of using tools such as ComScore, SimilarWeb, Effective Measure for audience planning
- Strong project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects and accounts
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content, and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth. It is also one of the largest and fastest-growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years.
With a population of 109.5 million, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines' internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, GroupM Philippines is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative organization for media players and talent to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.