Wavemaker | Senior Copywriter
Overview of job:
Wavemaker is looking for a Senior Copywriter for its creative team. You will be responsible to generate copy concepts across platforms (mainstream, digital) and work with the art director to take it forward. You will gain an understanding of the film production process and contribute to scripts, as well as generate concepts for adaptations into digital videos. You will work with the creative and servicing team to understand briefs and suggest proactive methods to gain consumer interest.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Group’s Creative Director
3 best things about the job:
- Gain a thorough understanding of how an idea can be applied across all communication platforms
- Work with a fun, no-nonsense, flat team
- Work across brand categories
Measures of success –
In 3 months:
- Integrate with the team and come up with copy executions of ideas generated
- Strike a rapport with art partners
In 6 months:
- Be seen as a reliable team player
- Shows signs of being able to independently handle projects
- Contributes to client meetings
In 12 months:
- Takes a measure of independent charge of appropriate projects
- Makes proactive contributions and indicates a good understanding of the brand
- A valuable, integral and responsible part of the team
Responsibilities of the role:
- Generate copy concepts across platforms (mainstream, digital) and work with the art director to take it forward
- Gain an understanding of the film production process and contribute to scripts, as well as generate concepts for adaptations into digital videos
- Work with the creative and servicing team to understand briefs and suggest proactive methods to gain consumer interest
What you will need:
- Someone who has 4-5 years’ experience in a mainstream copywriting role with exposure to digital.
- Who is hungry to take the next step in his/her advertising/communication career.
- Who covets the chance to work with India’s most trusted brand
- Who wants to gain experience of how ideas can be executed across new and evolving platforms
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Each day could be you chance to win the coveted lion
- Relearn what you’ve learned
- Friendships forged from work partnerships
- Enable not just campaigns, but movements
- Co-create the culture, you will be a part of
What you’ll bring:
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
- Work well in a team and with a range of creative people
- Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Be highly self-motivated and well organised
- Be able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback
- Work within strict budgets
- Almost possessive love for the English language
- Grammar Nazi
- Keen observer
- Can go without food, but not without books
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their idesas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.