GroupM | Data Analyst
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $113B in annual media investment through agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis.
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join [m]PLATFORM, the data & technology division of GroupM. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, analysing and deriving value from big data. You will be proficient in analytical modelling, have demonstrated research skills and can strategically apply insights for marketing effectiveness.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Data & Technology – [m]PLATFORM.
3 Best things about the job:
- Be a member of a high performing team focused on technology, data, partners and platforms, a key strategic growth area for GroupM and WPP.
- Work in an environment that promotes freedom, flexibility, empowerment and diverse working styles to solve real business problems.
- Have access to industry leading data assets & technology in the field of data and analytics, where you can develop your skills.
Measures of success -
In 3 months:
- Has an understanding of [m]PLATFORM operations and commenced utilising the team processes for analytics projects.
- Reviewed in detail the data infrastructure, assets & tools available, and can extract data for analysis independently.
- Develop multiple Business Intelligence dashboards that increase efficiencies in reporting requirements.
- Built comprehensive models that have resulted in improved ROAS across client media investment strategies.
- Established relationships with clients and has created/presented reports & insights on their work.
- Is viewed as the analytics SME within the team, with demonstrated growth in demand for our services
Responsibilities of the role:
- Liaise with client & [m]PLATFORM teams to define analytics requirements.
- Ingest data from various locations & explore to verify integrity.
- Clean and format different datatypes in preparation for analysis.
- Develop models using various statistical methodologies.
- Utilise Cloud Computing for data mining and machine learning tasks.
- Create test & learn scenarios for performance validation.
- Implement BI dashboard and visualisations to automate reporting.
- Generate various static reports such as campaign optimisation, attribution, audience profiling & performance diagnostics.
- Run ad-hoc analysis for specific use cases.
- Create and maintain all code and artifacts via a VCS & project system.
- Present insights, findings and recommendations from your analytics projects.
- Keep abreast of technological developments within Data & Analytics & share learnings with team.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (statistics, mathematics, economics)
- Previous experience in an analytical role, ideally within AdTech/Martech
- Advanced analytical skills across multiple statistical tools & methods.
- A strong understanding of database structures and data mining.
- Demonstrated experience with various modelling techniques & machine learnin g applications.
- Technical proficiency in Excel, SQL, CLI & Python for data analytics
- Experience in utilising a version control system (GIT/TFS) and project tracking system (Jira/AzureDevOps)
- Working knowledge of IaaS applications (eg AWS Athena, AWS SageMaker, Google BigQuery, Google Cloud AutoML)
- Advanced dashboard/visualisation capabilities (Tableau, Datorama, PowerBI)
- Proven ability to extract insights from data and present findings.
- Flexibility to work in a cross-functional team but also have the initiative to problem solve independently.
[m]PLATFORM is GroupM’s audience intelligence and activation solution that builds personalized consumer relationships at scale.
At the core of [m]PLATFORM is the uniquely powerful consumer identifier, [mp]ID. This ID unifies data to provide the most comprehensive and detailed picture of an individual consumer. This offers brands a rich and holistic view into their consumers’ mindsets and a deep understanding of the impact of their marketing touchpoints. Marketers can now anticipate where consumers are likely to engage and tailor their strategy to ensure they reach the right consumers with a message that is relevant and useful.
In addition to the technology suite, it is a worldwide service organization comprised of analysts, data strategists, search and social specialists, and product and media experts focused on ensuring consistent delivery in all markets where our clients do business.
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow.
We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia with 30% market share and over 800 employees.
With such a unique culture, GroupM embraces workplace diversity, allowing our employees to bring different ideas and solutions to the workplace.