Wavemaker | Digital Manager
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Account Director for Wavemaker Philippines.
Overview of the Job
As a Digital Manager you will be responsible for creating the digital media strategy and accompanying plans that address clients’ business needs. You will also oversee overall campaign execution and performance, together with your digital media operations partner. As a senior member of the team, you are expected to co-manage a set of accounts with account business leads and manage your own (digital media only accounts).
3 Best Things About the Job:
- Diversity of Clients – you get to work with a wide portfolio of clients (from, FMCG to petroleum, pharmaceuticals, and so on).
- Young and Dynamic Team – as the demand for digital continues to evolve, so does the team members of the Interaction Team. What used to be a full digital media planning and buying team now also has non-media and mobile specialists. You get to learn from the experience of each individual.
- Support – Wavemaker Interaction is backed by strong teams: (1) Within Wavemaker (from the business unit teams and the specialist teams – Analytics and Insights and Wavemaker Access); and, (2) GroupM Interaction (from Research, User Experience, Production, Creative Services, CRM, and Analytics).
Measures of Success
In three months:
- Establish a good working relationship with key stakeholders (internal and external teams)
- Learned the day-to-day requirements of your assigned clients and have proposed process improvements, as needed
- Proposed, defended and followed-through on the media strategy and plans that answer client briefs
In six months:
- Helped enhance processes for digital media planning, primarily for your assigned accounts
- Mastered the proprietary and syndicated planning tools (including but not limited to, programmatic media)
In 12 months:
- Collaborative work with various internal teams (Account Teams, Analytics and Insights, Access, GroupM Interaction)
- Come up with solid integrated digital media campaign case study/studies
Responsibilities of the Role
- Create digital media strategy and campaign plans (propose, iterate as needed and secure approval from clients)
- Manage and engage with client counterparts and internal account teams for key account assignments
- Negotiate with media publishers
- Identify and propose innovative digital media solutions to clients
- Do campaign implementation (collaboration with ad operations team), optimization and reporting
- Participate in new business pitches, etc.
- Provide assistance to Head of Interaction for business development of key agency accounts
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned with our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviors and insights into smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients is to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED).
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.