MediaCom | Programmatic Trading Manager
- Take a key role in operating and optimizing various types of programmatic buy campaigns (RTB, PDB, PMP; Display, OTV, Mobile, etc.).
- Cooperate with agencies, publishers, vendors and other PBU members to work on the end to end programmatic process.
- Analyse campaign data, develop insights and strategies for campaign optimization.
- Mentoring and training junior members of PBU.
Programmatic buying is the latest and one of the most promising media buying process in the digital world. Leveraging the advantage of data technology, programmatic buying enables advertisers to pinpoint their target audiences precisely. It is already a common view within the industry that programmatic buying would be the most important media buying approach in the near future.
Mediacom Programmatic Buying Unit (PBU) is the first and maybe the only ad trading desk in Japan that dedicates to 100% disclosed and transparent programmatic business. PBU’s vision is to leverage a disclosed business model to be a revolutionary power of the programmatic ecosystem that brings true values to internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director, Programmatic Buying Unit.
3 best things about the job:
- You would have the opportunity to be one of the pioneer in an emerging industry, which may change the entire digital ecosystem in Japan market.
- You would be highly evolved into various programmatic campaigns that are unavailable in anywhere else. You would be exposed to clients within different industries, and lead all kinds of programmatic campaigns. (OTV, RTB, PDB, PMP, Native, etc.)
- You could work with the biggest media agency in the world as well as the most experienced programmatic experts in the industry.
Measures of success:
In three months:
- Understand basic knowledge of digital media and programmatic buying process. · Understand all media concepts, tools and methodologies that used in PBU.
In six months:
- Be able to lead and manage one or few programmatic campaigns independently and deliver good outcomes eventually.
- Play a key role to coordinate and participate in specific projects.
In 12 months:
- Has an in-depth knowledge towards Chinese programmatic/ad-tech environment.
- Be able to initiate and propose projects that bring values to clients, agencies and internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the role:
Hands-on operation and optimization on programmatic campaigns across display, OTV and mobile in all kinds buying methodologies, such as RTB, PDB, PMP and etc.
- Be involved in programmatic planning, data analytics, insight learning and post-buy reports of PBU’s campaigns.
- Work with DSP vendors, 3rd party tracking/data companies and other external stakeholders to ensure the success of PBU’s campaigns.
- Purpose programmatic plans and business initiatives to agencies/clients from a strategy perspectives. Communicate with agencies to understand and meet their demands.
- Mentoring and training junior members of PBU team.
What you will need:
- Bachelors or higher degree in business, marketing, advertising, communication or a related field.
- Has a good working ethics as well as professional integrity, and be passionate towards digital/programmatic industry.
- 1-2 years professional experience in programmatic media buy, digital media or online advertising. Had worked with DSP vendors, programmatic trading desk, digital marketing agency, ad network, 3rd party data company or other related digital companies.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of Microsoft suites: Excel, Powerpoint and etc.
- Comfortable with numbers; Good understanding of maths (ideally statistics).
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines from digital display, OTV, SEO, PPC, Ecommerce or Mobile.
- Understanding of ad tracking, web analytics, ad serving, DMP is a strong plus.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English is a plus.