GroupM | Regional Trading Analyst (Digital)
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are seeking an experienced media planning and buying professional as Regional Trading Analyst with demonstrated solid knowledge of the trading landscape to manage the supply of digital inventory, perform analysis and manage the data and technology requirements of our agencies.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Chief Investment Officer APAC / Regional Investment Director APAC
3 best things about the job:
- Working with a wide range of successful GroupM businesses and stakeholders across the largest and most future facing and digitally advanced client base in the region.
- As part of WPP, GroupM has relationships with and access to a world-class range of talent and well established operations in diverse areas of Advertising, Insight, Public Relations, Branding, etc. This will open doors to incredible learnings which will bring your career to the next level.
- Successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to help shape the digital future of the GroupM Digital Trading and will be involved in many exciting product launches.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- A good understanding of the One Voice Trading Strategy and the Digital Trading products and pillars in the Group
- Developed a strong connection & relationship with agency personnel across the group
In six months:
- Having regular dialogue with all key stakeholders internally
- Support implementing Digital Trading Strategy and perform relevant analysis, including inventory, ad-tech and data
In 12 months:
- Solid network of internal relationships with a clear way of working and structure
- Work very well with all key stakeholders internally as a team to drive and implement Digital Trading Strategy
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
What you’ll do
- Identify and articulate strong compelling strategy for the Group to drive value for the Group and the clients (both on/off-line) under guidance
- Perform analysis and be the representative for the Group to lead and motivate internal stakeholders to achieve trading objective
- Provide analysis to support new business pitches on all trading related items
- Support market across APAC on business growth achieving target business result
What you will need:
- 5+ years overall experience with at least 3 years in trading aspect
- Solid knowledge of overall landscape in particular for on-line, off-line experience is a plus
- Traditional media auditing experience
- Possess good knowledge and experience on digital trading platform, inventory negotiations and management
- Good understanding on data and technology requirements that is needed to support digital trading
- Media Agency and multi-media experience is a plus
- Strong and calm to work under pressure
- Excellent numeric analysis skills and attentive to details
- Good problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Curious fast learner
- With a collaborative mind to achieve together with the stakeholders, balancing all parties’ interest
- Willing to be hands-on in implementation
- Demonstrate a high level of flexibility to evolve with the needs of the market and the development of the Group
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.