GroupM | HR Business Partner
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a HR Business Partner, Singapore to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for the effective day-to-day HR business partnering of the full spectrum of HR, providing the strategic interface to senior managers / stakeholders through the provision of high quality guidance and support in developing and progressing people management solutions to achieve business objectives.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: HR & Talent Director
3 best things about the job:
- Great opportunity to develop your HR BP skills in the world’s leading media agency group
- You will have a highly social, fast-paced job, providing first class service to the incredible talent inside our agencies
- The scope for this role is never-ending, you will learn from other markets, both regional and worldwide
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Build an open, collaborative and positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues throughout GroupM
- Thrive to get the best from every member of the team
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills even when under considerable pressure
- Build a solid understanding of GroupM, and our agencies, their structure and talent requirements.
- A good understanding of various GroupM specific talent initiatives and policies.
In six months:
- Understand clearly the complexity of the business requirements and structure, and able to successfully manage expectations and influence stakeholders to support the strategy, processes and policies
- Build trusted relationships with the agencies, having built credibility as a reliable responsive, trusted advisor.
- Give clear, considered and concise advice on HR issues and demonstrating strong stakeholder management skills across all levels of seniority.
- Develop a solid relationship with the various HR team members in Singapore
- Use quantitative/qualitative data to provide a regular predictive analysis for business leaders, Talent and HR leaders in anticipation of future requirements
In 12 months:
- Maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Considered a trustor advisor, an ally and a problem solver.
- Widely respected and valued by stakeholders.
- Translate business strategies and objectives into organization capability and talent requirements.
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Responsible for the effective day-to-day business partnering of the full spectrum of HR functions including but not limited to Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Learning and Talent Development, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, HR Service Delivery and Payroll.
- Engage and proactively partner the line managers in understanding their business needs and provide strategic advice and initiatives to achieve the business goals.
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR processes at the business partner’s side
- Provide the strategic interface to senior managers / stakeholders through the provision of high quality guidance and support in developing and progressing people management solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Drive and support the development and delivery of cultural change plans and interventions.
- Coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and practices, provide advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimize Risk and financial exposure.
- Work in partnership with HR team in Singapore to ensure alignment, coordination in project / policy development and the enhancement of information provision and services to employees.
- Ad-hoc assignments as instructed by supervisor
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of business needs, participate in designing and lead the implementation of solutions.
- Trusted advices to business as a HR BP, influencing business decisions and results
- A driver who ensures continuous forward movement regardless of business change
- Great relationship builder inside and outside GroupM
- Deeply understand business needs, participate in designing and lead the implementation of solutions.
- Hugely positive, fun and resilient
- Nonhierarchical – happy to own and complete if they are best placed to do so
- Hands-on experience in the field of HR in Singapore
- Degree holder with at least 8+ years of experience in human resources preferred.
- Being conversant with the full spectrum of human resource functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with good project management experience.
- Confident HR business partner and generalist with the ability to build and maintain constant rapport with the business at a strategic level and be hands-on when required.
- Experiences in fast moving & dynamic business environments
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
More about GroupM
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.