Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Manager / Manager, Performance to join us.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Head of Performance
3 Best Things About The Job
Opportunity to work with the market-leading platforms, tools, and tech
Opportunity to work with a highly talented, inspiring, and the most awarded team in Vietnam
Exposure to developing your technical and transferable knowledge across the digital ecosystem
Measures Of Success
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 Months
- Win the team’s trust
- Thorough understanding of the processes, platforms, tools, technologies in use on client business
- Get on top of all the ongoing campaign operation
In 6 Months
- Run a high performing and motivated team and map each team member’s strength and interest area for career development
- Refine implementation strategy and delivery to exceed expectations and KPIs
- Develop the teams broader view and technical capability across platforms
- Drive series of test & learn initiatives and share learnings
In 12 Months
- Be a trusted expert and leader of the Performance team raising your individual and team profile internally and regionally
- Create best in class work to be recognized not only in Vietnam but also across the network
- Driving process level improvement for creating operational efficiency and workload
Responsibilities Of The Role
We are looking for someone who has multi-platform experience with expertise across Google, Facebook and Programmatic. Besides platform knowledge, team management experience would be key. The person would be responsible for creating implementation plans, setup, monitoring, optimization, delivery, and reporting of campaigns across these platforms. Over and above programmatic and self-serve platforms, the person would also oversee the delivery of an implementation plan for non-system led / direct media buys.
Apart from delivery, proactive troubleshooting working with platform owners, publishers would be a key expectation from this role.
- Thorough understanding of all ads platforms, especially on SEM, Facebook ads, Programmatic, App campaign
- Proven track record of managing big campaign/budget
- Able to make plan, projected KPI and proposal for in-house media
- Google Analytics and other ad tracking platform experience
- Knowledge of using GTM & Google Data Studio
- DSP experience (e.g. DV360, The Trade Desk, etc)
- Understanding of DMP and utilization of 1st party, 2nd party, and 3rd party data
- Hands-on running of performance team is a plus.
Team Management Skills
- Takes accountability for team and clients, and is solution-orientated
- Previously managed a team of channel specialists
- Create high performing specialist teams
- Can inspire and motivate junior members of the team
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be a platform expert across various channels
- Proactively identifies opportunities to develop people
Join Us If You Have
- 5+ years’ experience running ads operation
- Current experience leading and developing teams of channel specialists
- Experience establishing operational rhythms and processes to develop high standards of campaign excellence
- Be a seasoned performance expert in the social or programmatic ecosystem, channel roles, planning and buying mechanics
- Experience in creating implementation strategies and media plans
- Experience utilizing 1P, 2P, and 3P data for media targeting is preferred
- Curious about new trends, platforms, tools, and technology to develop a POV
- Knowledgeable on ad ops and tag management
More About Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997 and for more than 20 years our values of Speed, Teamwork and Provocation have guided us in a world where everything is media. We are the Cannes Lions Media Network of the Year 2019 and WARC Media 100 #1 Media Network 2020, with the top 3 most creative campaigns in the world for the past year. In Asia Pacific we have been Campaign Asia’s Media Agency Network of the Year every year since 2015 and we are also Performance Agency of the Year.
Our 10,000 people work with some of the world’s best brands and companies to accelerate their growth. In 116 offices across 86 countries we integrate brand and demand, ruthlessly focus on outcomes and create the unexpected. We manage $24bn in billings and are the largest media agency in GroupM, WPP’s Media Investment Management arm, which is the #1 media holding group globally with billings of $63bn (Source: COMvergence 2019).
Hear our stories (and join us) at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us at: WeChat ID: Mindshare_China; Instagram and Twitter: @mindshare; Facebook: facebook.com/mindshare and Linkedin: LinkedIn.com/company/mindshare. .
It’s no secret Vietnam is the fastest growing media market in Asia Pacific. Ad spend in Vietnam grew rapidly last year, with internet penetration reached in excess of 59.4% during 2019. With a population of more than 90 million, this market carries huge potential and possibilities for media players and talent. GroupM Vietnam fosters a culture of innovation and value our diverse and collaborative work environment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.