WAVEMAKER | Executive, Implementation & Buying
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Executive, Implementation & Buying to join us. In this role, you will be responsible in managing the implementation and execution of clients’ campaigns.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Trading Director.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on major brands in the region
- Working in an inspiring and professional environment with access to global expertise and best in market practices
- Continuously expand your skillsets and technical expertise as a communications professional with exposure to various tools and technologies
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Gained a thorough insight on the creation, implementation and buying of campaigns, and understand how it works across different platforms
- Have managed basic offline media implementation & buying and developed relationships with media owners
- Been trained and will be able to independently manage various systems and tools eg. BMD, TV Optimiser, research softwares & etc
- Monitored campaign deliveries and will be able to identify and action on discrepancies and under deliveries
- Gained an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients and working process
In six months:
- Successfully managed to deliver on campaign objectives and KPIs by applying the correct targeting and optimization methods
- Successfully provided day to day support to the Planning Teams and attended to queries on a wide variety of technical and non-technical issues related to the campaigns
- Work on digital implementation campaigns, independently manage various systems and tools eg. Symphony Media, Sizmek, Double Click Manager, etc
In 12 months:
- Assisted the Planning Team to build, maintain and uphold a good client relationship by constantly providing solutions and value added services in the areas of implementation and buying to the client’s business
- Put together actionable and insightful post campaign reports that can contribute to future media recommendations
- Have developed strong relationship with media owners
- Carries all functions of Implementation, buying execution independently
- Proved yourself as a reliable point of contact for planning and buying team
- Working closely with all team members to improve working efficiency and effectiveness
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- Independently manage campaigns under your portfolio – tasks media owners
- Monitor, manage and report clients’ budgets and deliveries of clients KPI across offline and online media
- Ensure the best in class process of adhered for all campaign operations
- Lead day to day relationships with Planning Team and ensure timelines are adhered to and workloads are managed effectively
- Constant learning of new tools and delivery technologies to maximize campaign performance and deliveries
- Develop strong relationships with media owners, ad serving/technology partners to understand their product offering, key differentiation and technical ads specifications
What you’ll bring:
- Highly numerate and organized, with an ability to demonstrate implementation and adherence to processes
- Team Player – open to feedback, thrives in a team environment, works collaboratively
- Self-starter – takes initiative, asks questions, motivates and pushes him/herself to excel
- Good knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques and ad-serving platforms is an advantage
- Interested in discovering insights from post campaign data.
- Great attention to detail
- Problem solving mentality
- Passionate about the industry
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, or Post Graduate Diploma in Finance, Computing & I.T., Business Studies, Mass Communications, Advertising/Media or equivalent.
- Good spoken & written English.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel.
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer's purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world's most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
The office is the “World in One Place”, with more than 10 nationalities and half of our talent are below the age of 30. You can expect a young, fun and casual work environment! In Malaysia, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.