GroupM | Media Planner
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Planner to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering planning recommendations and ensuring smooth account coordination internally and externally with our clients.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Learn full media planning skills across all traditional & digital media activities from experienced team leads
- Opportunity to work across a diverse client portfolio
- Work with young and energetic team
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Become familiar with all relevant media and finance systems, and the team processes
- Provided support to the team as well as build knowledge of the media landscape
In six months:
- Master client reporting and tracking of booked media
- Started to build relationships with the key decision makers within the client and agency organization
In 12 months:
- Confidence and precision in updating media schedules and participate to construct a media campaign
- Be the person whom the client goes to for day- to-day activities. Able to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Contribute to overall media strategy development. This will include the ability to understand and interpret briefs and the application of insights to develop marketing and communications solutions
- Understand the client’s market position to achieve optimal negotiation for clients
- Ensure regular reporting is delivered on time and accurately
- Ensure that campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies
- Develop and build relationships with clients, acting as first point of contact on account requirements
- Develop strong working relationship with key agency and media partners. This will include acting as the first point of contact for operational issues
- Keep current on media trends, identify and implement local media initiatives
- Degree in any discipline, major in Marketing information management, business, mathematics would have an advantage.
- Able to manage multi-task and have good interpersonal skills
- Good at numbers and have attention to details
- Able to work independently but also a good team player
- Passionate to pursue career in media/digital industry
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
- With 2-3 years’ experience working in media agency
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Media Executive
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.